Oklahoma Tornado

by Simon 46 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

What a horrible tragedy. ((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))) Hugs of comfort and sympathy to all who have been touched by today's disaster.

Just Lois

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The pictures tell a tragic and heartbreaking story. I saw a time elapse video of the tornado - it must have been horrifically scary. My heart bleeds for those kids - for everyone effected by this.

May I ask - why is it that so many homes are built out of wood? They get so easily ripped apart. I suppose with a tornado that size it wouldn't matter what your home was built out of.

South Africa doesn't experience this kind of thing. I think we have had mini "tornados" more like heavy winds really, but nothing like this.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

LouBelle, wood homes are cheaper to build than brick homes. Being that Oklahoma is one of the poorest states, it really isn't surprising.

Regardless of that though, any building in the path of that particular tornado was obliterated. Even brick homes were completely demolished.

• *lost*
    *lost*

shocking - makes us truly thankful for the good things we got, no matter how small.

• designs
    designs

Sam- This disaster will take $billions of dollars in Federal aid and thousands of individuals over many years to repair and reconstruct the damage in Oklahoma. It is the generosity of the American people and that of our government having the resources that great tragedies can be addressed. Incredibly Oklahoma's Senators voted against helping the victims of Hurricane Sandy and voted 6 months ago for Secession, they will be ignored (their faces should be put on the wall of shame) and help from FEMA is on the ground.

The President declared 5 counties Disaster Areas, Federal resources are now available.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Could we just rescue those that are still alive and bury the dead

And that takes money.

• flipper
    flipper

Our hearts and thoughts go out to you Crapola & Sooner & your families for the sadness surrounding your areas where you live. Over 90 people dying from a tornado is an unusually high number than usually die in tornadoes isn't it ? Please be safe and take care of yourselves in being very careful about traveling during these storms. We are thinking about you and the victims of this tragedy. Take care Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• finally awake
    finally awake

tornado resistant buildings can be built, but they are generally considered unattractive and are very expensive. when a well built commercial building like a school or a strip mall is totally destroyed, standard construction homes don't stand a chance. most commercial buildings are reinforced concrete and steel rather than lumber.

• Prefect
    Prefect

Designs

Oklahoma's Senators voted 6 months ago for Secession.

What does that mean? Its a term I have not heard of here in the UK.

Prefect

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Just heard from my mother that family members we have in Moore got hit. Their house is destroyed but they're ok. Don't know more than that since cell phone lines are so bad back there right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit