John 3:16 - "EXERCISE faith"...??

by EdenOne 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Wholly:

It looks like you're sticking your tongue out at me.

• Wholly
    Wholly

I prefer the 1611 King James Version for this reason. The NWT is a corrupt mistranslation that adds and detracts from the Word while simultaneously misinterpreting key spiritual points for the purpose of supporting their satanic doctrines against the Lord himself. I did some basic research to reach this determination.

John 3:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The English version of the Bible, the KJV Holy Bible (I believe) arrived on the scene in 1611 through God's hand during the reign of King James amid the controversy between RC's and Puritans. King James thought to use the opportunity for personal glory and God blessed him, guided his decisions and allowed this most trusted assemblage of God's word to be created, exist and persist for the English speaking world of believers.

The NWT however, was created based on a flawed version and was further manipulated by unscrupulous and unnamed individuals whose obvious goal was and is, to subvert the message of God.

I highly recommend that everyone obtain and compare the KJV to the NWT. Prepare to be shocked.

• Wholly
    Wholly

Wholly:

It looks like you're sticking your tongue out at me.

LOL Bobcat,

I was trying to post a message and had a little mishap...hehe

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I was kidding you about your avatar (as if mine is any better. In fact, mine kinda looks like it has an attitude. I'm gonna have to have a talk with . . )

• Wholly
    Wholly

I would agree that both of our avatars are strange! lol If I knew how, I'd upload an avatar of a beautiful cat, which represents me a little more accurately.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I actually prefer the term "demonstrate" than "exercise". Nevertheless, neither are granted by the text, only by the context.

Even better would be to "manifest" faith. Still, not granted by the original text.

Eden

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

EdenOne:

I'm pretty much in agreement. In English, "believe on (in)" can be temporary or permanent. The active voice of the verb in John 3:16 implies some sort of ongoing belief or faith. This might require additional wording to bring out, such as, "continues to" [put faith in]. "Exercise" might have been an attempt to suggest that, but the word "exercise" implies some sort of activity as the proof of the faith. While that might be true in itself, the verse (John 3:16) and even the context does not contain that idea. I kinda think that the NWT is worded more in line with what the WT wants out of JWs.

Take Care

• Terry
    Terry

When you read your bible you aren't reading what was SAID.

You are not reading what was HEARD.

You are only reading a much later idea of what somebody told somebody that somebody else thinks they remember hearing.

And even that is not what was written.

What you have in your bible is what somebody else thought was probably the best word choice to represent their own opinion of:

what was written about what somebody thinks they remember somebody saying to somebody else.

SO HOW IN THE WORLD CAN WE HAVE AN INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION?

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

imo the society's take on faith is quite pagan (suspiciously like that of Plato's virtue) when compared with the christian viewpoint around them at the time that the WTS came to write their bibles. Check out Plato's Gorgias 527.

of course there are platonic tendencies in the NT but the WTS makes so much of these that they transform both Plato and Christianity in their own extreme ways which then cause actual damage to many people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit