What Would JWs Do if all the GB died at once?

by bafh 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

erect a gold calf

• promised_presence
    promised_presence

I was hoping they would enventually just die off 1by1 and not replace any members so the real slaves could break free of their masters, and I thought it was going to happen when the 2 died and they didn't replace them, but lo and behold they got a young and fresh one.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There is no shortage of young pseudo-intelligent, information regurgitating loyalists. They will be anointed one day when they kiss the right number of butts. 144,000 may be the number required. The overlapping thing is made to last. There is no end to it. Soon, soon, soon...........

I think they would freak out if the GB were all killed. I bet nu-light would be released saying that they were doubles or something.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

They would govern from heaven, "invisibly."

• blondie
    blondie

The current members of the GB are not the only male anointed jws...I'm sure they have some on standby, trained as well; remember the "helpers" or "Nethinim"?

But if all the anointed (self-named) jws died all at the same time, then there are always the male great crowd members many of whom have been trained in the administrative functions of the WTS.

The WTS has said too that the other sheep on earth will know who made it, the names of all the anointed in heaven. Bizarre.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

They will keep jumping very high joyfully and they will be at the new world shortly.

• free2beme
    free2beme

From what I have seen, the GB is not as active anymore in change. Most is laid out and functions without their need to guide as much as it used to be, so in all reality for a JW ... life would go on.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I have pondered this scenario in the past. I came to the conclusion that the legal dept would probably do a complete control seizure. The only other option is that the GB has already preselected other replacements in case of emergency

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm sure they have something writen in their corporation bylaws that would cover such a situation and so I sure they would keep on going. The bad publicity would skrink the ranks considerably as well as the amount of new convert replacements.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

There are always enough people waiting in the wings to step in, in the event something as outrageous as what was mentioned occured. The recent appointment of Sanderson(?) is proof of that. Where did he come from? Why select him? Well, I believe his introduction, found also in the July 15 2013 study edition I might add, stated that he assisted in the Service Desk. Most of the new group progressed through the Service Desk or assistants to the Writing Committee, and some were simply underlings of the Branch Committees. You just need to profess to be of the anointed for long enough that any scandal caused by your partaking has subsided and people simply accept the notion that you are by your continued loyalty to the process.

As for the Nethenim, that was an experiment gone awry. Now with the expectation that the earthly anointed will be "gathered up" (a la rapture), there is no need for a Nethenim because the supply of the professed may well be inexhaustible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit