Why did god make Mosquitos, ticks, and leeches?

by Comatose 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• talesin
    talesin

Well, one example quoted in the OP is quite useful in medicine.

Leeches are now used by western medicine to prevent coagulation of blood ............ we don't know the purpose of many living things ........ are we such tools of science that we just can't ACCEPT that we don't know everything ABOUT everything? Yes, ALL of nature's various species serve a purpose in the eco-system.

xo

tal

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

You have to remember that Satan was created a perfect angel who later made himself into the ugly, evil devil. Similarly, mosquitos, ticks, and leeches were originally created by Hojovah as beautiful butterflies and fuzzy caterpillars. It was because of their wicked rebelliousness that they followed Satan in a course of willful disobedience and began drinking blood and transformed themselves into the ugly creatures that they are today. So it's because of their misuse of freewill that mosquitos, ticks, and leeches are the disease-carrying pests that they are today.

And if that explanation isn't in the Big Book of Jewish Fables, it should be!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Billy-Why Jewish ? Facts: only female mosquitoes suck blood, males do not.

Mainly mosquitoes live on nectar. Mosquitoes only live from 4 days to a week

or so. Most of them cannot fly higher than 25 feet off the ground. Oil on water

repels them. Mosquitoes can digest and destroy HIV virus, something worth study.

Islands with breezes don't have them, because they are blown away.

Why does anything poisonous exist ? Who knows ? I don't.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Geez.Those skeeters sound pretty cool. Maybe, i could get a couple for pets. Too bad, they only live for a week:(

S

;

• Comatose
    Comatose

lol

Billy and Satanus thanks for the chuckle.

• ervill25
    ervill25

I will place verses to ponder on:

If you do not let my people go, I will send swarms of flies on you and your officials, on your people and into your houses. The houses of the Egyptians will be full of flies; even the ground will be covered with them. - Exodus 8:21

Then the Lord sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. - Numbers 21:6

He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord , who heals you.” - Exodus 15:26

See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand. - Deuteronomy 32:39

Even from the very beginning God set forth a command in the Garden of Eden for Adam and Eve:

Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil... The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” - Genesis 2:8-9, 15-17

For me, there is another reason God put these creatures on Earth:

We are here for only a moment, visitors and strangers in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace. - 1 Chronicles 29:15 [testing ground]

I applied my heart to seek and to search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under the sky. It is a heavy burden that God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with. - Ecclesiates 1:13 [trials]

I have seen mortals weighed down with a burden that God has placed on them. - Ecclesiastes 3:10 [trials]

Be glad about this, even though it may now be necessary for you to be sad for a while because of the many kinds of trials you suffer. Their purpose is to prove that your faith is genuine. Even gold, which can be destroyed, is tested by fire; and so your faith, which is much more precious than gold, must also be tested, so that it may endure. Then you will receive praise and glory and honor on the Day when Jesus Christ is revealed. - 1 Peter 1:6-7 [trials]

Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to the test, he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out. - 1 Corinthians 10:13

• Obadiah
    Obadiah

Hi, I can offer some insight on Mosquitoes, First of all remember that all creation has been affected by imperfection. That would include all creation. Now as for the tiny Mosquito, this is my opinion based on facts that I know.

All living mammals exhale and give off carbon dioxide as a result of metabolism. Some of us give off more carbon dioxide than others due to our sweet nutritional habits. Mosquitos are attracted to us by following a slip-stream of this carbon dioxide. This is how they zero in on us or in simple layman terms...how they find us.

Now...decaying fruits and vegetables in nature also makes carbon dioxide (as they ferment and decay). It is my belief that the original purpose of the tiny mosquito as well as some other annoying insects was to help this decaying & fermenting "cycle" . The mosquitoes would be attracted to the decaying and fermenting fruit due to the "slip-stream" of carbon dioxide that is given by the fruit. The mosquito would benefit from "biting into" the fermenting fruit to get to the "sugar" inside. The sugar is what the mosquito wants after all. (unless they are looking for a little "buzz" from the alcohol) Imagine thousands of these little buggers imbibing at a fermenting fruit bar.

This may be why some of us with "sweeter" fluid inside of us attract more of these annoying insects.

This is my best guess.

Agape, Obadiah.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Are there no Star Trek fans here? The whale story film. An alien probe might return to earth to communicate with cock roaches and if it does find them here...................

It was the best Star Trek film, IMO.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Ask God. There are several resident Gods. I am running for God.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

To make monkeys ask questions?

Sorry bro... couldn't resist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit