GB’s spring cleaning helps faders

by wheelwithinwheel 11 Replies latest jw friends

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

The GB’s 2015 doctrinal spring cleaning is a gift to all faders.

When we were fading they were grappling with the dying “generation”. Their ensuing explanations made our diminishing meeting attendance and service easily explainable. We just told everyone that sitting through studies and talks that could change at a moment’s notice was no longer our thing. And going from door-to-door and teaching people ‘truths’ that turn out to be not quite true, well…we just were no longer comfortable doing this. Probably we were labelled spiritually weak, and classified as having been stumbled over the generation fiasco, but…frankly we didn’t care, they couldn’t call us apostates and it was actually part of our reason for leaving.

So to all you faders, why claim burn-out and depression and move to a new congo? Just use the changes in the latest WTs, and let the brothers, your relatives and your friends know you no longer feel comfortable learning about and preaching something that could very well turn out to be a false truth.

That is unless you want to put Christmas lights on the outside of your house. Then I totally understand your need to move.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

they couldn’t call us apostates and it was actually part of our reason for leaving.

Yes they could.

If your BOE were all hardliners or if you had enough prominence that they feared your departure would be an issue, they could have DFd you for apostasy. The definition (WTS's) of apostasy is merely THINKING differently than their doctrines -- even if their doctrines change. You need not act on it nor publicize your disagreement. You need only to "confess" or admit to disagreeing in thought -- believing differently -- and TA!DA! you're an apostate. Be glad you had a bunch of apathetic Elders that didn't bother to follow through and pursue you.

Doc

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    I have to agree with DOC. Me, being a Ministerial Servant and just turning down the position of Elder, would be tried and executed by my BOE for apostasy if I tried that. It may work for some, especially if you weren't appointed. But if you have ANY position in the Organization I wouldn't recommend it.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    Stress and depression seem to be the only acceptable reasons that elders typically accept.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Can't speak regarding elders (still a low-profile fader), but I told my devout JW mom that I thought all the recent things the WTS were doing (cartoons, webchannel, etc.) were seriously weirding me out.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Additionally, I and a few others have come to suspect that the GB activey want faders to bugger off.

We're too much of a potential liability.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    A slow fade is the only way with out the rumors and labels flying.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I actually agree with WWW. But the caveate is that this is very subjective. It all has to do with your local BOE. My old hall, and the elders, and some people really gunning for me.....all leave me alone. Why? Because I left for reasons of conscience. I am "taking my life in my own hands" to them, bt to me I am taking my life back.

Now if I wanted to put up Christmas lights, or post my sons birthday photo....that is a different deal. Maybe I will get there. But until i feel the urge, I haven't claimed depression, made excuses, or even been shunned by my close friends, despite my "stand".

Maybe that is the key. Taking a principled stand while letting others live. Exactly what we WISHED JW's would do......we can do ourselves.

• freddo
    freddo

WWW makes a very good point. If you are an elder or MS though you need to resign first and then after about six months from the dust settling on your resignation you can start a fade. Any quicker than that and even the most laid back elders will be on your case.

The higher profile you are then the longer you need to take. And DON'T VOICE YOUR CONCERNS TO OTHERS OR THEY WILL GET YOU ON THE CAUSING DIVISIONS CARD.

But you can use what WWW says to your advantage.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree with DOC, Dr who and Freddo....

As an appointed man who has tried to fade, I have been harassed so much and pushed for explanations in ways you would not believe...

I have been an outgoing and very popular brother, active and helpful to all members of the congs for years....so they would consider me a threat. Possibly a "rock under the waters"...hehe

I am watched carefully whenever I talk with others in the hall.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit