CANADA: Jehovah's Witnesses appoint female 2015 District Convention Co-ordinator ???

by jwleaks 36 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi steve2

As any editor worth their salt would say, Don't assume, ask. Or play it safe by not using pronouns!

Actualy, any newspaper worth their salt would have a sub (CA/US: copy editor)

(and let's face it - Cornwall Seaway News themselves refered to Lynn as a 'he' in their own article last year)

I know it's only a 'free community' paper, but still, facts-should-be-facts.

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Althoug its very telling that all exjw's KNEW right away it had to be a male lynn bit the copy editor, uneducated in jw misogyny, naturally saw no problem with lynn being a woman and a program coordinator.
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

HI _Morpheus

naturally saw no problem with lynn being a woman and a program coordinator.

these days, especially, nothing should be presumed, everything should be checked and confirmed.... or it should be rewritten to avoid the problem, simples ;)

I wonder if they even have the Chicago Manual of Style up in Cornwall?....

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

PS: actually to be fair, it was probably a badly worded press release, but still should have been checked, even with their own stories, so they match up.

• steve2
    steve2

You are inviting trouble if you give your kid an androgynous first name. Lynn's parents should have given him a definitely patriarchal - better yet, masculine - first name such as Rocky, Todd or Buster. No reader would ever wonder, he or she? Away with this androgynous stuff!

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    My maternal grandfather's name was Lynn. My brother was named after the two grandfathers with Lynn being his middle name. He married a wonderful, kind, giving woman whose middle name also happens to be Lynn. Just a bit of my family trivia probably of interest to no one here, but enough to identify me to any stiil in family lurkers who may be here. Unfortunately, ***** Lynn and ****** Lynn stiil drink the JW koolaid.
  • pbrow
    pbrow

morpheus ... just giving you shit... no offense intended....

millie... just a little venting is all... your point is not lost on me

pbrow

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Do the JE Conventions really pump Millions of $$$ into the local economy as these articles say ?

Thousands of $ yes, but 3 or 4 Million ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit