WHAT IF the Watchtower Society were a MAP company instead?

by Terry 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

THE WORLD'S MOST ACCURATE MAP MAKER advertises:

"Ours are the best and most accurate maps in the entire world!

How can we make such an absolute claim?

In short, the distance from Point A to Point B is flawlessly plotted as to mileage, access roads, conveniences along the way, hotels, motels and road work. The Eye in the Sky makes every newly published edition up to the moment in matching on-the-ground changes.

SOMETHING IS AWRY!

Calls and complaints occur reporting wrong directions, roads that don't exist, dead ends and confusing contradictions between the real highways and the map illustrations.

Company spokesman reassure you it is just a glitch and the satellite in the sky will provide future information without error.

People are upset. They get lost. They waste valuable time. Families end up in dangerous neighborhoods. Business men miss vital meetings. Budgets are busted because of cost over runs. In short: DISASTER!

The accuracy of the map and the source of the data don't match the actual situations on the ground where the rubber-meets-the-road!

More excuses are offered. People don't use their maps correctly! People expect too much when human error is always a factor. The NEWER maps will be much better than the older ones. Be patient......be patient.....

WHAT MUST BE DONE?

Should the manufacturer do any of the following?

1.Issue press releases blaming the customers for not being more self-reliant by performing extra due dilligence?

2.Defend the map errors by pointing out roads are always being built and changed by the the Department of Transportation?

3.Excuse the losses by pointing out all the correct features of the map and how the apparent discrepencies are a very small per centage of the map as a whole?

4.Point out that the digital satellite camera can be affected by weather, sunspots and occasional human error?

Or,

1.Apologize. Explain the source of the errors. Promise to be extra responsible in the future.

2.Offer free corrected maps to inconvenienced travellers.

3.Perform internal quality control inspections to insure better quality control.

????

LESSON TO BE LEARNED?

When does an error or mistake become INCOMPETENCE?

Or, worse still---when does incompetence become MALFEASANCE?

Customers who place confidence in a product in good faith have the right to expect honest intent on the part of the manufacturer.

The marketplace competition provides alternatives when a product is inferior or management proves irresponsible.

HOWEVER....

What if you were convinced the map maker was the ONLY manufacturer who could be trusted? After all--a satellite camera can SEE what others cannot see. It is an unimpeachable source.

How many errors would it take to change your mind? How many times could management blame YOU for being lost, confused or misdirected?

You can see where this is going a mile off, can't you?

THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY claims to have an unimpeachable "eye in the sky" that gives them accurate information that enables you to plan a head and save yourself troublesome disaster as you travel from Point A (this wicked system) to Point B (paradise on Earth after Armageddon)

How many confusing directions, mismatched descriptions, wrong illustrations, and wasted plans does it take before the Traveller is an IDIOT for continuing to do business with such a Map maker?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I bought one of those maps. It was very expensive. Cost me 20 years. I was lost all the time.

But, I'm one of the lucky ones; lost but got out with my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good post, Terry.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

I went to them and pointed out the problems in the map, they shot me and kidnapped my family... I am still alive but I have a hole in my heart that is hard to heal.

• Terry
    Terry

....and they've NEVER STOPPED CLAIMING the best accuracy for their map!

Recently there was a glitch in iPhone's GPS map program which caused a great deal of mocking publicity. Apple rushed to provide corrective measures.

If only the same kind of publicity accrued to the Watchtower Society and the same rush to CORRECT the glitch.

But-wait! Their very premise is the glitch!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Excellent illustration, Terry! Interesting that Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's destination is still just around the corner, but it's really just as illusive as ever.

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's map is based, not from the satellite perspective, but from the original cartographer William Miller, who's movement had the destination in 1844 that ended up the bust known as the "Great Disappointment". Most stopped following the Cartographer Miller because of his incompetence.

However, Charles T. Russel, picks up the discarded flawed map based on the imagination of William Miller, a Baptist minister. The map doesn't even have a north arrow, meaning there is no orientation. However, after making a few changes begins the whole deception again in 1874, then 1879, 1914, 1916, 1925, 1954 (a forty year generation from 1914), then 1975, then any number of points between the 1980's and 1994, (seventy or eighty year generation) and before the end of the millinium. Now the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society indicates that the end is now imminent, that they have succesfully led us to the goal.

All the while the new incompetent cartographers after C.T. Russel started claiming their divine backing from 1918-1919 and approval by their God, as the "Faithful and discrete slave" who is appointed to "lead" the domestics, they are God's "channel" and only THEY know the way, the direction of the "True" North, or the "TRUTH". However, they are still groping in the dark as a composite blind guide on a 130 year snipe hunt. But wait, yes, they admit, there have been some mistakes by mere humans, but it was the light's fault in reading the map, so they have changed those lights many times.

It's just unbelievable.

• Listener
    Listener

Perfect illustration Terry. The idea is hilarious.

• Simon
    Simon

They are still trying to sell people that the earth is flat ...

• moshe
    moshe

I had one of those WT maps for 16 years--

• JakeM2012
  • A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

I went to them and pointed out the problems in the map, they shot me and kidnapped my family... I am still alive but I have a hole in my heart that is hard to heal.

Ditto

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit