I wanted to punch this elder so bad!

by OneDayillBeFree 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh my lord! I think I would have started laughing. I did ask my mother once what she thought her brain was for, when she avoided making decisions by deferring to her husband who had Alzheimer's disease. I asked her when she was going to start making decisions for her household. She said, classically, "when the elders tell me I can."

Face palm moments!

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Most bullies are pussies deep down. Even if they deem themselves annointed by Holy Hogshit.

zed

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

"When our leaders speak, the thinking has been done. When they propose a plan–it is God’s plan. When they point the way, there is no other which is safe. When they give direction, it should mark the end of controversy. God works in no other way. To think otherwise, without immediate repentance, may cost one his faith, may destroy his testimony, and leave him a stranger to the kingdom of God." - LDS Improvement Era 1945

• cantleave
    cantleave

And they claim they are not a cult. Nicely handled.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

OneDay:

I'll chime in: Good Restraint!

I might add, his 'place' is little different than that of a Gestapo or KJB agent. They can can push and prod as much as they want. But as soon as you blurt out something they can nail you with, it's over. It won't matter how they got that 'confession.'

So after you've said your 'No thanks,' simply look at him without saying anything further and imagine his probing questions like he has a stick poking you hoping for some response, any response. Eventually the silence from you will tell him he can't get anything more. It will also tell him he has no power over you, without you saying it.

• cofty
    cofty

I really detest elders of this sort, they deserve nothing but your contempt.

He will be offended that you didn't grovel to him, you should expect some more hassle.

Qcmbr - Interesting to know that its also the norm in the Mormon cult.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Oneday... I am impressed. You handled that very well. Under the circumstances many of us would not have been so restrained. Good job!

Billy is right. The Bible is clear that we aren't to just blindly follow without thinking. If it comes up again, here's a handful of verses that may help you:

"Do not put YOUR trust in nobles" - Psalm 146:3

"present YOUR bodies a sacrifice living, holy, acceptable to God, a sacred service with YOUR power of reason." - Romans 12:1

"For God gave us not a spirit of cowardice, but that of power and of love and of soundness of mind." -2 Timothy 1:7

"However, when he entered the house Jesus got ahead of him by saying: “What do you think, Simon?" -Matthew 17:25

[Jesus asking] "What do YOU think?" - Matthew 18:12; 21:28

"think so as to have a sound mind" - Romans 12:3

"he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one." - 1 John 5:20

Best wishes my brother. They're not going to make it easy, but you will conquer!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

as an elder appointed by Holy Spirit it is my business!"

What a douchebag.

This elder has served in bethel for over 25 years and is a special pioneer.

Ah, it makes sense now. These are the power trippers that are unlikely to ever leave, as they would suddenly be nobodies.

You handled it well, but don't talk to him again or you will risk getting d/f. Expect a local needs talk of proud people that feel the need to think for themselves.

• Fernando
    Fernando

So then I said "what if Jehovah told you to think?" The elder's sly smirk went away. He just stood there. Speechless. Frozen. He had no answer.

Well reasoned!

The "ruling religious clergy class" are such idiots.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, if he is guided by the Holy Spirit, why doesn't he go pray about it? I a sure Jehovah will reveal all he deserves to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit