My, my, times have changed...

by DATA-DOG 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    It is also true that when the Law covenant ended and Christianity was established provision was made for a new priesthood to minister to the needs of obedient peoples, including an organized "faithful and discreet slave" class today that is commissioned to "give them their food at the proper time", spiritual food here being meant.

WHAT?! Are they saying that the "faithful and discreet slave" is a "new priesthood"? How does that work if JWs claim to have no clergy/laity seperation? Haha...maybe I will start referring the GB as priests. If anyone objects, I'll just point them to this article.

• Splash
    Splash

From w52 6/15 p. 382 Questions From Readers

"Why does not the Watchtower Society publish simplified material for parents to use in teaching their children Bible truths?—A question based upon frequent inquiries by readers."

Splash

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Now it's not just simplified material for children, it's simplified material for anyone who is unable to try and get their head round the fuzzy logic in the WT

• *lost*
    *lost*

heartofaboy - yeah, why do they keep using the OT. It became obsolete with Jesus' coming and the New covenet.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and yet an updated My Book of Bible stories is coming out

• L3G
    L3G

What date is this magazine from? A recent one?

• steve2
    steve2

From w52 6/15 p. 382 Questions From Readers

The first part of the question seems awkwardly worded: "Why does not the Watchtower...?" Is that exactly how it appears in the Watchtower? Come to think about it, it might sound better if it were changed slightly to "Why doesn't the Watchtower Society....?" Or "Why does the Watchtower Society not publish....?"

One good thing about the current simple-worded magazines, compared to the turgid prose of the 1950s, is you don't have to wade through columns of verbiage to get to the point.

"Why does not the Watchtower Society publish simplified material for parents to use in teaching their children Bible truths?—

question based upon frequent inquiries by readers."
  • Satanus
    Satanus

So, why do they baptize children? Why do they have them doing door to door? Why do they force them to sit through adult meetings that bore them to death?

S

• tornapart
    tornapart

I remember the first book I was interested in as a young child.. Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained. I actually quite liked it. LOL

The first book I can recall that we did in the book study was Babylon the Great Has Fallen... bit hard going for a 5 year old that had just learnt to read...

(DD... sent you a PM)

• mP
    mP

@lost

heartofaboy - yeah, why do they keep using the OT. It became obsolete with Jesus' coming and the New covenet.

mP:
    Thats simply not true. Jesus never said the law was over read Math 5 :17-19.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit