What do you think a witness would say when shown this quote?

by BU2B 26 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end to the world," even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them."Awake! 1968 Oct 8 p.23

What could they say to this?! THey admitted that by their own definition they are a false prophet! Should I even bother with this quote to show my wife?____BU2B

" It is true that the Witnesses have made mistakes in thier understanding of what would occur at the end of certain time periods, but they have not made the mistake of losing faith or ceasing to be watchful as to fullfillment of jehovah's purpose."____Reasoning Book page 136

LOL Somebody shoulda told Hananiah to keep on the watch for Noo Lite

• wasblind
    wasblind

Great quotes BU2B and IRONDORK

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

we have just had our circuit assembly and in one of that talks by the bethel reprentative, he said "we are not like the others who set dates for the end of the world". i just could not believe what i heard. i know that it was probably off the cuff but come on ... thats plain ridiculous.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Marked

• Mum
    Mum

What is really hilarious, BU2B, is that the quotation you cite is from a 1968 publication, right after the 1975 expectation (or whatever it was) was presented. The first time 1975 was mentioned, to the best of my memory, knowledge, information and belief, was in 1967 in the book entitled something like Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God. In 1968, we were very excited about 1975.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

That 68 awake is chalked full of goodies. Get your hands on the bound volume if you can. I got mine in the safe. LOL

tt

• jam
    jam

I asked a JW at my door to look up this Awake (1968)

and come back and tell me who are they referring to.

All the major religions Judaism,Protestants and Islam, are

they guilty of false prophesying. For the past 100 years, you

are the only group guilty and well known for false dates.

He never came back with a answer.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I quoted the WT to a JW friend. They will even dismiss their own publications. It's a non-winnable argument when they don't even accept their own truths

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"I like to keep up with the latest literature. I don't read the old magazines!" <<<glazed eyes stare>>>

A Dub that has a mountain of converts under their belt has to grow a big pair to own up that they recruited them into a worthless scam.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

If you show those contradictory statements to a dub, his eyes will spin like pinwheels, smoke will come out of his ears, metal springs will start popping out all over his body, and then an ambulance will come and take him in a direction away from the hospital.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit