JW's are ordained Ministers!!! er..umm right?!?!?!

by DATA-DOG 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scott77
    Scott77

I think, whichever way they take, eventually the watchtower's public record will speak for itself. We have a wealth of information, actually their words to be used against them. Iam surprised how hypocritical the watchtower is!

Scott77

• Splash
    Splash

I think I've condensed it down:

WHO ARE 'ORDAINED MINISTERS'?

1950 - All baptized persons - g95 5/22 p.22 'I Was Convinced I Had Found The Meaning Of Life' par. 2

1951 - All dedicated persons, even before baptism - w51 11/1 p.672 Questions From Readers

1952 - All publishers - w52 1/1 p.18 par. 17

1954 - All baptized persons - w54 3/1 'The Meaning of Baptism' p.139

1955 - All publishers - w55 12/15 p.742 par.6

1955 - All dedicated persons - w55 11/1 p.665 par.10 & 13 and p.670 par.27

1957 - All baptized persons - w57 8/15 p.487 'Recognised and Certified by Man' par.4

1961 - All publishers - w61 1/1 p.18 par.5

1962 - All baptized persons - w62 10/15 p.626 'Who Ordains Jehovah's Witnesses?' par.1

1975 - Only men with responsibilities in the cong - WT 75 12/1 p.733 par. 22

1976 - Only men with responsibilities in the cong - 05/1976 KM Question Box

1981 - All baptized persons, specifically including women - w81 3/15 'Who Are God's Ministers?' p.15 par.3

1984 - All dedicated persons - Song Book (1984) Song 202 To God We Are Dedicated

1987 onwards - All baptized persons - w87 5/15 'Zealous at 70 Years of Age' p.27 par.2

Splash

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I predict noo lite on who are ordained ministers or possibly a subtle change in the meaning of the term ordained minister.

• sir82
    sir82
    The 15 March 2010 Watchtower article partially quoted by blondie above is talking about all baptised JWs, and refers to them as "ordained ministers".

Exactly my point - it's been 3+ years and no more mentions of it.

Many times in the past, years of silence on a major doctrinal point has preceded a "flash of new light".

• Terry
    Terry

What is invisible to Jehovah's Witnesses around the world are the forces which shape, bend, mould and change Watchtower policies.

To exist as a corporation this "religion" has to comply with Superior Authorities.

In order to maintain status as: A. Religion B. Tax Free status C. Charity D. Exempt from....(fill in the blank) Watchtower attorneys

are constantly advising the Governing Body what steps need to be taken.

As smarmy as it appears to us on the OUTSIDE of all of these subtle machinations--those on the inside simply take it in their stride.

ANY CHANGES automatically become the hand of Jehovah in steering Truth on course.

Any word, any teaching, any doctrine can be defined DIFFERENTLY by the leadership. It has happened and continues to happen that Black can change to White and back again.

Mercurial, ad hoc, insidious and byzantine are the ways of the Governing Body!

They are the very shadow of the Catholic Church in the middle ages!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

*** w10 3/15 p. 18 par. 17 Walk by Spirit and Live Up to Your Dedication ***

You do not want to be carried hither and thither by the spirit of Satan’s world. (1 Cor. 2:12) You have to identify, as it were, the right wind and catch it. That is the holy spirit. Through God’s Word and his spirit-directed organization, holy spirit will move you in the right direction.

Now if ever there was any hithering and thithering it was surely holy spirit not giving clear directions to the GB in the first place or they would have not had to flip flop on so many of their doctrines.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Information about the hearing has apparently been released to news services in Australia.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/National/2013/04/11/Jehovahs_Witnesses_stay_in_on_abuse_862669.html

Unfortunately, the report includes the spin that only two JW 'ministers' have been found guilty of abuse.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Unfortunately, the report includes the spin that only two JW 'ministers' have been found guilty of abuse. "

Yes! Only two " ministers " out of a pool of 2,000 have been caught. 2,000 more than likely includes only Elders and Servants. The actuall number of JW's could be 15,000 or more. ALL baptized JW's are " Ordained Ministers." Thousands are currently breaking the law. How many are sexual predators? Without a background check, it's impossible to say. Hopefully Steve Unthank will point this dishonesty out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit