Tragic Fatal Plane crash at Bagrum base in Afghanistan caught on camera 04/29/2013. Viewer discretion is advised

by StoneWall 22 Replies latest social current

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

This is the full crash that wasn't showed on the news.

They referenced it on national news but didn't show whole clip.

If you already have fear of flying etc. you may not wish to view this.

All 7 aboard died.

Hard to believe this guy was in the right spot with his car to capture the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icfVsql38oc

Edited to add: Forgot to say his camera date was not set for correct date. You will see on it were it says date different than 04/29/13.

• prologos
    prologos

There is something very important about having your center of force and gravity lined up, secure, maintaining your airspeed, attitude at low altitudes.

many spectacular airplane mishaps on video,.

committing levitation has its risks, condolensces for the victims,

I hope medical experts can confirm that no immediate pain is suffered, or remembered by the victims.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

How awful. It's a beautiful day, everyone on board is excited, then the plane caught an updraft or something and because it was still low in take off mode, there was no altitude for recovery and goes down, boom into flames. A 747 Cargo transit with 7 aboard, just minutes into take-off.

There were 4 Pilots aboard. What a horrible accident.

Just Lois

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

It would be interesting to know if he was overloaded and/or had a CG problem (possibly a load shift? or mis-loaded?).

Whatever it was, he stalled bigtime. When the plane first comes into view it appears awefully nose-high (but the camera angle is difficult). Also note puffs of smoke coming from both inboard engines just after it comes into view (possible double compressor stall? if so, at a very bad time. black boxes would show that up later.)

There's also a waft of "smoke" from the right wing tip visible. Possibly fuel venting? or vapor trail off of wingtip due to high AOA?

Interesting that he never gets his gear up. Might have begun to see problems even during the takeoff roll or shorly after liftoff. Normally, if he thought he could still make a go of it, he would get the gear up quickly. He might have had his hands full right from the start.

Might add, not knowing what it was carrying (this being a war-zone) and the fact that it goes down near a POL staging area, the driver likes to live dangerously.

Thanks for posting, Stonewall.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The conspiracy theorist are immediately onto this in the youtube comments... WTF is wrong with those people?

Its a plane crash, it was too nose up and too slow so it stalled and fell out of the sky without enough height to correct it.

• zeb
    zeb

It would have been a terrifying time until it hit. It hit with such force then surely the crew would have been instantly killed before the fire occured.

My deepest condolences.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Looks like a B747-200 freighter with the CG out of limits causing a take-off stall and loss of stability control... but I could be wrong...

• mP
    mP

If you want to play war, then its karma that you die playing war.

• *lost*
    *lost*

mp so true

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Interesting comments at bottom of this article.

They said cam driver was an MP/ K-9 unit. That explains him better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit