"Further clarification..."

by Dagney 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dagney
    Dagney

A few minutes ago, a JW, (elder's wife who for some reason still calls me 1-2 times a day to tell me about her new purse/dr's appt/what she's making for dinner/etc.) called to tell me she saw Sherri Sheppard on TV talking about her new diet book. I say, "you know she was raised a JW." Caller acknowledged she knew that. Then...

Caller: You know many people will be coming back to the truth just before the end comes.

Me: So when is that?

Caller: OH! Did you hear about the noooo lite in the 7/15 WT? Me: (yes) something something about the remnant being caught away before the GT begins.

Me: Well, it only makes sense. How many are there now? 12K? it was 7, 8 10K over the past few years. If the end is comes as a thief, then per the scriptures they will be caught away, like the rapture. I've always gone by what the scriptures say. You have to do the math.

Voice in the background from Caller's elder husband: Well this is "further clarification."

Me: Ok. Thanks.

Caller: I'll call you later.

Sigh. Bless em.

• whathappened
    whathappened

These two would make excellent parrots, they just say what they have been taught to say.

• Perry
    Perry

I speak as my parrot instructs me to. But, only for further clarifications of course.

Me: (yes) something something about the remnant being caught away before the GT begins.

Is that what this WT really says?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Calls you 1-2 times a day....? WTF?

Me: So when is that? AWESOME COMEBACK! No wonder she avoided.

• steve2
    steve2

Calls you up to twice a day and, um, counts time?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Didn't think of that steve2, now I understand why...

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, only 144000 parrots go to heaven?

S

• designs
    designs

Everything is much clearer now

• Satanus
    Satanus

I never, ever thought that the wt would take up the rapture as a belief.

S

• talesin
    talesin

who for some reason still calls me 1-2 times a day to tell me about her new purse/dr's appt/what she's making for dinner/etc.

I am thinking, and maybe, you're the only sincere person she has ever known. And she doesn't realize herself, why she needs to call. The person inside her (who is silently screaming) needs to hear a 'real voice' YOU, every day, if only for a few moments ... hmmm....

I know, huh? When we think of the tortured lives they lead.

And to the OP.. :) Yes, that phone call reminds me of my mother ............. any excuse will do .. *(^~!

t /

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit