'The Matrix' and 'The Village'

by JWB 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pickler
    Pickler

The mother in the "terminator" movies always reminded me of the JW mentality.

I think it was Terminator 2 ? Where it had the scene with the Nuclear explosion in LA, at the children's playground. That mother spent her life preparing her child for an imminent catastrophe, she didn't think she was harming her child by preparing him. He thought she was crazy, until the terminator ( Arnie !) came into is life.

That movie used to give me nightmares, it's how I imagined Armageddon beginning.

• talesin
    talesin

brinjen ... coool! :))

t

• talesin
    talesin

SPOILER ALERT!!!! if you have not read the Hunger Games trilogy. :))

"Even if you pull it off, they'll be back in another few months to take us all the to the Games. You and Peeta, you'll be mentors now, every year from here on out. And ... you'll never, ever be able to do anything but live happily ever after with that boy."

Chilling!

A must read, just for the writing, the story,,, it's fairly good sci-fi, along the lines of the The Handmaid's Tale by Atwood.

Looking forward to seeing the movie. :)

t

• brinjen
    brinjen

First Hunger Games movie is awesome... not as good as the book (as it pretty much always the case) but still well worth the time. Saw the teasers for the second a week or so back and can't wait until November now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit