Why so much sickness!

by Julia Orwell 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Inisc
    Inisc

I always thot this too. There were at least 7 people that I knew of with fibromyalgia in my old cong. It seemed to be a bit of an epidemic!

stress, depression, bi polar, schizophrenia, MS, ME, not to mention social anxieties you name it that hall had em all!

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Spot on Gingerbread

• Glander
    Glander

children with no lustre? Maybe they need a good scrub.

In my experience JW's had a sub-cult of believers in wacky diets, aluminum cookware, etc.

I remember the Awake saying that salt and baking soda was better than toothpaste. So long, Pepsodent!

• blondie
    blondie

I find that people outside the KH complain too about their ailments and more as they get older. My MIL said the same about the people at her church. I think it is also we know/knew people at the KH better, about their personal lives. I know I don't have the same knowledge of my co-workers, neighbors, and groups I am part of. I also know that we can think we know what 8 million jws are talking about based on the few we know.

• Glander
    Glander

Back when, it was considered the in thing to not only get the Watchtower and Awake but also Prevention magazine.

Brothers and sisters were judged on what kind of juicer they had.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

" I think it is also we know/knew people at the KH better, about their personal lives. I know I don't have the same knowledge of my co-workers, neighbors, and groups I am part of. I also know that we can think we know what 8 million jws are talking about based on the few we know." Blondie

Blonde took the words out of my mouth. Also, I've heard JW's refer to themselves as the "sighing and crying ones" who came out of the world, when in reality they have the same problems as everyone else, only it's customary among JW's to openly talk about how bad they have it and how much of Jehovah's spirit they need or are receiving in order to endure. It helps one sound extra virtuous to be suffering from some malady yet continuing to be active in his service. They are on the hunt for any evidence that things are getting worse and the end must be so close. There is a constant need to make their own reality match their beliefs about the future.

I posted a similar topic here.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/244879/1/Weltschmerz ( can't seem to hyperlink this from an iPad )

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Good point. I considered that too.

By lack lustre kids I mean kids that are dull of spirit ie compared to non Jw kids I observe thru my work, a lot of them seem to sullen and unimaginative. Teenagers are generally positive and excited whereas I find a lot of Jw teens seem to be either uber pious or stifled looking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit