Having children is bad

by dissonance_resolved 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"I remember the talk given at the District Convention back in 1987 when I was baptised at the age of 19 entitled "Childrearing In The Time of The End" and now many people who were not even born back then are grown and have children of their own. I wonder how people who have been in that cult for so many years can keep a straight face when they hear this shit over and over."

Yes, I remember that... I was visiting 3 different District conventions that year....(I was young looking for a sister to marry)...but that talk started to open my eyes. In fact there were 3 lovley sisters wanting to marry me......I was almost to get engaged. The sunmmer 1988 I visited my last District assembly.
    But yes..It makes me a bit sad....I didn't have children. Sometimes I think about how it would be having a family and children.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am 60 now. My Bethelite father married my NJ Jw mom soon after WW II. No one talked to them in the local KH. My father served at Bethel for almost 20 years

. None of it mattered bc when the time is short, you must obey. Anyone who married was kicked out of Bethel in disgrace - - until Bro Knott did the unthinkable. My appearance on the scene increased the disgrace

Too bad Bro Knott could not knock up his wife.

So, I am sixty and children remain a shame. Children were considered worthless in Jesus day Yet Jesus wanted children to come to him. It must be in the NWT.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

The meeting this week? TOTALLY BENEFITTED ME!

My friend is now aware of the remain childless and don't even bother marrying and said he was absolutely SICKENED by the meeting!

WTS? The more you write, the easier my conversations with him becomes... PLEASE keep exposing yourself!!!!!

And why, WTS, with all the love in your congregations, are there separate JWs who are referring to me, a worldy, as their ONLY true friend????

As their "only true friend", I have a whole lot of influence and I've done a WHOLE lot of talking to them. Please... keep increasing my credibility.

• jws
    jws

Fewer children = fewer potential pedophiles = fewer dollars paid out in lawsuits

• Eustace
    Eustace

Before I saved my mind and soul by not going to the meetings anymore, I noticed a distinct pattern where at District Conventions and Circuit Assemblies the vast majority of the newly baptized had at least one parent who was a JW.

It’s really amazing: The Governing Body hates life more than they love themselves.

Unfortunately I think this Jeremiah book may be having a negative effect on my sister. She used to treat me pretty good but the last time I saw her, the day after this Jeremiah she was saying so many irrational and insulting things to me, trying to bully me into agreeing with her religious views.

But in the minds of the Governing Body that’s what they want people doing more of, because in their demented worldview that’s how you get people to agree with you: personally attack them for daring to disagree.

If everyone was a cowardly and contemptible as JWs, it would work, but thank God Almighty in the Heavens Above most people aren’t like that at all.

My sister’s despicable behavior is the last straw, I’m never setting foot in a Kingdom Hall again even if it’s for her funereal.

Let her rot in the ground without me being there to pay my respects for someone who didn’t have the slightest respect for me.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh Tater That baby is adorable

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Yikes! Ouch... Eustace, those are some pretty strong words. Hoping you see better days.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Eustace. Remember what MY LORD said ???Love thine enemies, pray for those who persecute you...
    Forgive her love !!!!

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

marking

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The WT mantra never ends, they just don't get it:

"Would it be scripturally proper for them to marry and begin to rear children? No, is the answer, which is supported by the scriptures....I will be far better to be unhampered and without burdens, that they may do the Lords will now, as the Lord commands, and also be without hindrance during Armageddon. … Those... who now contemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone." (Face the Facts, 1938, p. 46, 47, 50)

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!" Awake!1969 May 22 p.15

"Today there is a great crowd of people who are confident that a destruction of even greater magnitude is now imminent. The evidence is that Jesus' prophecy will shortly have a major fulfilment, upon this entire system of things. This has been a major factor in influencing many couples to decide not to have children at this time." Awake!1974 Nov 8 p.11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit