Simon has stated the AAWA facts with exact precision

by james_woods 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• free2beme
    free2beme

Wow! You all take life and places like this way to serious.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Simon's comment really says everything I think about the subject, and it says it extremely well.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    2) - I understand that Barbara Anderson has withdrawn support from the group. I wish she would state her reasons and opinions in detail here.

I wish so too. I asked Barbara on another thread but got no reply. Marvin seemed to impy on another thread that it was none of my business, almost as if it was impertinent of me to even ask! Well excuse me, but if an organisation is looking for support from people, I think it is more than reasonable for people to look for some clarity on issues such as, why a co-founder of the organization quit the board within the first couple of weeks. I mean really! Is that asking too much? Jeezo man. It's almost like when the Watchtower organization dispatched Ray Franz in a couple of sentences in the Watchtower and countenanced no questions on the subject thereafter.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Wow! You all take life and places like this way to serious.

Well, you know - when you have a religion that tells you not to get an education or a good career, and to sacrifice your kids lives if they need a medical blood procedure...

IT REALLY IS SERIOUS.

• mind blown
  • soontobe
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Breakfast of Champions,

I used the very word "agility" to demonstrate the benefits of small actions in our real lives. Cedars impressed me very much when he started posting. The announcement triggered me. If it were drafted for an awareness that no one here is specially important and that we are peers, the same substance would have been much easier for me to join. I know the FB is very serious but I do feel that their initial intentions were honorable.

The general culture is much more anti-authoritarian than when I was young. I know my little area of expertise. B/c it is so narrow, I also know my weaknesses. Someone here may be able to do something well than I could never do precisely b/c we are different.

• tornapart
    tornapart

One thing I really appreciate with Simon is his total concern with everyone's right to privacy and if they want it, anonimity. I came across a thread recently about JWD closing down (before JWN) and his refusal to sell it to anyone and if it did go that he would wipe everything, PMs, email addresses, IP adresses. This is the kind of thing you need to keep your trust in someone, be it a person or a group.

AAWA wasn't aware of how slack FB privacy can be and it still could be very damaging. I'm sure they'll do some good and I wish them the best with it but I'm staying right here with Simon's board. If I lose my anonimity here then it'll be my own fault and not his.

Thanks Simon for a great (and SAFE) place to come!

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

well...... I thought we are all on the same side.

its too bad there has to be bickering. Cedars has been an amazing contributor to JWN. whether we agree with AAWA or not we cannot just throw him under the bus for it. That is EXACTLY what we criticize the WTS for doing to its members when they disagree with them.

I hoped we would have all learned our lesson on stuff like this

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

No ones' thrown Cedars under a bus, he still has his anonymity...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit