You Know admits his god is weak!

by ozziepost 39 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Well, at least you didn't run like a snail from the issues, but as usual you DID argue right past them. YouKNOW. thanks for responding just the same.

What I got from Alan's post was this: YouKNOW and company say it is NOT about power, but the right to rule.

Response: If it isn't about power, but the right to rule, then Satan has won becasue he got GOD to stand idley by while God allowed a convicted criminal to abuse, torture and finally murder HIS human children.

YOUKNOW: but God has the power and the right to do that in the first place.

Response: So it IS about POWER. And since God is and was and always will be more powerful than either of his two children Lucifer and Michael, then what was the point of these thousands of years of testing? The human family has been subjected to torture and death----FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Which would be fine and dandy---but how many is enough?

YouKNOW basically affirmed what Alan has been saying.

Alan 2

Youknow 0

• You Know
    You Know
    YouKNOW basically affirmed what Alan has been saying.

Yeah, and white is black, and black is white, and up is down, and down is up, and / You Know

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

YouKNOW...

your point is valid.

Nobody here is claiming they have all the answers. (well, maybe Alan is )

But for myself, I'm just trying to use the brain God gave me. I'm taking a step back, and I want to examine the Bible with an open mind. I think I can come up with a better answer to the controversy than traditional Christianity (and the Watchtower) has given us.

And YouKNOW, I think you can too, if you just give it a chance.

(((((((((((( YOUKNOW )))))))))))

• AlanF
    AlanF

To You Know:

:: The JW doctrine of universal sovereignty, nicely explained by You Know, is completely
    nonsensical.

: To you all things related to God are nonsensical.

Not at all. Only some things. Of course, plenty of things are merely attributed to
    God, and these are also nonsensical. Given what many Christians I've discussed this
    matter with have to say -- Christians who are far more reasonable than Jehovah's
    Witnesses -- it's evident to me that the JW view that you espouse is yet another silly
    invention of the Society and in no way represents the Bible. But for purposes of the
    present discussion, I will assume that the Society's view accurately represents what
    the Bible says, so that I don't have to keep inserting disclaimers.

: The Bible explains why that is where it says that to the physical man the things of
    the spirit are as nonsense.

That is a generalized ad hominem that has no bearing on our discussion.

:: In the final analysis the right to rule over anything is determined by power.

: In the past Jehovah has demonstrated his power, such as in the case of the Exodus. And,
    that certainly shows that he could exert his dominion through sheer force if He so
    willed. The fact that He doesn't

Here's the biggest mistake that JWs make with respect to their doctrine. Of course
    God "exerts his dominion through sheer force"! You might argue (within the JW doctrinal
    framework) that God temporarily suspends a full exercise of his "dominion",
    but in the long run, no matter what anyone else might decide with respect to whether God
    has a "right to rule" or not, God will continue to rule. Otherwise you would have to
    claim that if God had enough critics he'd give up being God -- which is inconceivable.
    Thus the JW position is self-contradictory and nonsensical.

Given the fundamental insensibility of the JW doctrine, further arguments based on it
    are nonsensical, such as those you've advanced here:

: proves that there are other issues that God wishes to clear up first. Those issues have
    to do with the rightness of his way of ruling.

Which I have already shown, and you as usual have ignored, is another nonsensical claim.

And here comes another one:

: So, in effect Jehovah has temporarily waved His absolute right to sovereignty in order
    to allow events to play themselves out that will prove to all observers that only He is
    qualified to be God.

He is qualified to be God because he is God. He is the most powerful being in the
    universe and that's all there is to it. He's not going to relinquish his position to
    anyone and he's not going to say that he is violating any moral standards. No one can
    argue with him because he is powerful enough either to ignore them or to kill them and
    eliminate all critics. So in the long run God has to prove nothing to anyone.

:: Who determines what is moral and right? Whoever is the most powerful in the universe.
    Otherwise we would have to say that a standard of morals exists apart from God, and that
    God conforms to this standard.

: That's true. And in this case Jehovah claims the sole right to determine what is right
    and wrong. The rightness of God's judgments is what has been called into question.

Your very statement here shows that you claim that a standard of morals exists apart
    from God, and you acknowledge this next:

: However, right and wrong do exist apart from God as any reasonable person will admit.

Ah, the old "reasonable person" non-argument. No, right and wrong do not exist apart
    from God as long as God is the final arbiter and judge. This is easy to prove in the
    context of JW doctrine because the Bible gives a number of situations where God has
    shown that sometimes a thing is right and at other times or in other situations a thing
    is wrong. Take marriage and adultery, for example. According to Jesus' statement, God's
    standard in Eden was "one man, one woman form a marriage". Shortly after the Flood, this
    standard was not observed by people who the Bible indicates were righteous in God's eyes.
    Thus God changed his standard somewhere along the line about what was right and wrong
    with regard to marriage. Men were allowed to have multiple wives. Men were allowed to
    have sex with prostitutes and, in fact, with all unmarried women and still be considered
    righteous. Women were allowed to have sex only with their husbands in that those who had
    sex with men not their husbands were considered unrighteous. That standard, according to
    Jesus, changed yet again when he showed up.

Another example is incest. Today Christians consider incest abhorrent and those who
    practice it unrighteous. Incest is considered a grave wrong. But is it wrong by some
    absolute standard that exists apart from God? If so, then why did God allow it for Adam's
    immediate offspring? Obviously God did not consider incest wrong by an absolute standard,
    or he never would have permitted it in Eden. Now Christians consider it wrong, not
    because it cause reproductive problems, but because God says it is wrong explicitly in
    the Mosaic Law and implicitly in certain Biblical statements.

Changing standards like those described above prove that the Bible does not support the
    claim that moral standards exist apart from God. Indeed, God defines all moral
    standards. This is easy to prove by challenging any Christian thusly: If God told you to
    commit adultery with 50 women, and you did it, would you be doing right or doing wrong?
    Would God view you as unrighteous for committing massive adultery, or righteous for
    obeying him? Clearly, most Christians would consider obeying God in a specific situation
    as more important than obeying a general command, just as Abraham considered obeying God's
    command to kill Isaac more important than obeying the rule not to murder. Thus, committed
    Christians -- if they're consistent -- do not consider moral standards such as avoidance
    of adultery and murder absolute, because they will violate those standards if God tells
    them to. And if God demonstrably tells his servants to violate certain supposedly
    absolute moral standards, then those standards are not absolute.

: Paul recognized such and made a statement that people of the nations do BY NATURE the
    things of the Law and thus they demonstrte the matter of the law within. It is generally
    recognized by all humans that there is such a thing as right and wrong. Every human
    government has laws against murder and stealing and such things because everyone knows
    that they are wrong.

Obedience to those standards is mostly a matter of training, not of giving heed to some
    inner voice that informs one of "natural" standards. Various human societies have not
    observed almost every one of these supposed "natural" standards. For example, in various
    societies it is considered most hospitable for a man to offer his wife to a respected
    visitor, and a gross violation of rules of hospitality, even an insult, for the visitor
    to reject the offer. Some societies have considered it a great honor to sacrifice one's
    life to the gods, even though the ones killing the sacrificial "lamb" were committing
    murder by the standards of most societies today.

As for Paul, his statement is obviously limited in extent. Only a small number of ancient
    cultures observed the same things as were in the Mosaic Law with its hundreds of oddball
    restrictions. According to the Law it was a capital offense to eat fat, to eat pork and
    other meats, and to do all sorts of things that other societies considered perfectly
    normal. It is only a tiny fraction of the Law that has commonality with moral standards
    that most societies have observed throughout history. Therefore Paul's statement, if you
    want to apply it generally, is mostly wrong.

Even if you don't accept the above reasoning, it still does not negate the fact that it
    is God who determines the moral laws. As creator, according to Paul he put a proclivity
    to act according to those standards into humans. But God is still the author of those
    laws. It's not as if those laws came to exist in human nature of their own accord.

: In the final analysis God's moral laws are as absolute as His laws that govern the
    physical universe.

You don't even understand that you've proved my point: you say God's moral laws.
    Either they are God's moral laws because he made them to be laws, or they exist apart
    from God. Since you claim that they are God's laws, you admit that he made them,
    and so you must agree with my premise, i.e., that the laws are created, not inherent to
    the universe apart from God.

:: So a JW will have to admit that he believes God is moral because and only because he
    is God. Thus the claim that God has a right to rule by virtue of his moral superiority
    is a meaningless tautology.

: Pure nonsense.

You bandy words about, but you don't deliver reasoned arguments, as is evident below:

: As creatures made in God's image with the ablitiy to reason upon such things as right
    and wrong, God expects people to use their powers of reason to prove to themselves, as
    Paul said: "the good and acceptable and perfect will of God." The said will of God is
    revealed in the Holy Scriptures. No doubt, though, Jehovah's thoughts are meaningless to
    you, but that that in itself doesn't mean that they are without meaning. It simply means
    that you have refused to acknowledge that Jehovah is the source of the moral code that
    even you yourself live by to some extent.

Again all you've done is to admit exactly what I've said. In your own words, "Jehovah is
    the source of the moral code..." Yet you again fail to realize that this admission
    disproves your contradictory claim that God obeys a moral code that exists apart from
    his commandments. This ability to believe self-evidently contradictory things even while
    acknowledging that they are contradictory is an inherent flaw in the religious believer.

Next question:

:: The question of whether all creatures are motivated mainly by self-interest is
    ridiculous. In the realm of mankind we see a complete spectrum of motivations, from pure
    self-interest to massive selflessness, and this state has existed from mankind's
    beginnings.

: Apparently you don't understand what the issue is, although you want to give others the
    impression that you do. The issues of integrity that Satan raised involved all of God's
    creatures. It is obvious that most creatures are motivated by selfish interest. That's
    not the issue.

Do tell. All intelligent entities, including and especially God, are motivated by
    "selfish interest". There is nothing wrong with that, as long as it does not adversely
    impact the "selfish interest" of other intelligent entities too much. What is "too much"
    is the subject of most moral determinations, and so we've come full circle.

: The Devil's contention is that ALL CREATURES are inherently selfish.

Oh? What scripture tells us that? What set of scriptures tells us that Satan claims that
    ALL CREATURES are inherently selfish?

Of course, your implication is that there is something wrong with being "inherently
    selfish", but there is nothing in the Bible that says being so is wrong. What it does
    indicate is that under certain circumstances it is wrong for the selfish desires of
    one human to adversely impact the selfish desires of others.

What the book of Job actually says is quite different from what JWs claim. There we find
    that Satan challenges God to see if Job -- no one else -- can maintain a positive
    view of God in the face of massive loss and even torture. It is purely the personal
    contention of Watchtower leaders that this scenario can be extended to a challenge that
    every human will not maintain this positive view if tortured sufficiently.

In fact this entire Job story is simply not believable, if the rest of the Bible is to be
    believed.

First, if Satan and his demons are so powerful and intelligent that they could
    create perfect human bodies (i.e., the angels that materialized) that could reproduce
    with humans, then they are certainly intelligent enough to have understood God's design
    specifications for humans. Given that they knew enough to create human bodies, they
    certainly knew the design specs inside and out. Therefore Satan already must have known
    that at least some humans were capable of maintaining a postive view of God even
    in the face of extreme personal adversity. Therefore the story of Job is nonsensical.

Second, if God actually allowed Satan to kill a bunch of innocent people just to satisfy
    his bet, or a sort of cosmic chess game, with Satan, then he's a particularly loathesome
    and lousy father. All sane people would condemn a human father for doing such a thing,
    but for some reason a lot of people lose their ability to determine right from wrong
    where God is concerned. Indeed, the loss of this ability is yet another proof that
    Biblical moral standards are ephemeral things determined not by some sort of absolute,
    but by the God of the Bible. The Job story simply illustrates the bard's lament:
    "As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport."

: The fact that a large number of humans and angels rebelled against God gives Satan's
    charge some amount of legitimacy.

Duh. What a revelation! Some people are capable of bad things. But it's all "down in
    writing" for intelligent reviewers to see.

: That the issue involves all creatures is evident from the fact that the foremost
    creature in God's family---Jesus Christ---stepped forward as one of Jehovah's Witnesses
    to stand up the the challenge.

What challenge? You have yet to provide a single scripture that proves this.

: When Christ was faithful unto death the issue was settled.

When God wrote down the design specs for humans, the issue was settled. That's why your
    claims are nonsensical.

We have additional proof that the entire "Satan's challenge -- Adam's sin -- Jesus'
    ransom sacrifice" JW doctrinal business is nonsensical: if Satan challenged God that
    inherently sinful humans -- i.e., humans who are inherently incapable of fully
    obeying God -- can be influenced to disobey God, then he hasn't proved anything we did
    not already know. Further, if Jesus were "perfect", i.e., inherently sinless and
    inherently capable of fully obeying God, then all Satan would have proved is that
    one "sinless" human was able to obey God under one set of circumstances. But was
    all in the design specs -- namely the genes -- of Jesus right from the start, and so a
    demonstration was unnecessary. And of course, it is clearly unfair to stack a "perfect"
    man up against "imperfect" men to prove or disprove what the latter can do.

Clearly, the logical inconsistencies of the JW teachings here are overwhelming proof
    that they are nonsensical.

:: The question can also be answered by considering that God is the all-knowing designer
    of mankind and that he has caused all their parts to be "down in writing" (from Psalms).
    All that a competent examiner has to do to see whether God designed mankind to have a
    range of motivations is to look over the "design specification document". God himself can
    certainly make the specs available. If a questioner is incompetent to examine the specs,
    then God wins. If a questioner questions the specs, God can enlighten him. To claim that
    only a field test could answer the question of motivation, as You Know and his beloved
    Society do, is to claim that God is incompetent.

: That's an interesting argument.

It's not just interesting, it's the key to understanding why the JW doctrine is totally
    goofy. Obviously you've understood it enough to admit even this much, but you've not
    understood it enough to see why it makes the entire claim about God needing to
    demonstrate anything not only nonsensical but makes him out to be a monster, as I've
    explained above in more detail.

: What you are neglecting is that humans and angels are made in God's image. We are not
    insects that are programed to do certain things.

This is irrelevant, as I will show.

: Since God is the personification of love, and we, being in his image, are capable of
    giving and recieving love. In order for love to be genuine it has to be totally voluntary.
    That's why in order for creatures to demonstrte their love for God they have to have the
    choice not to love God. God has allowed humans and angels to not love him.

Big problem here: All intelligent creatures, according to this JW reasoning, now know
    very well that if they don't "love" God, he will ultimately kill them. Thus there is
    great incentive for all creatures to do whatever is mentally necessary to convince
    themselves that they love God, because if they slip up, they're dead. Humans might
    temporarily choose to "love" God, but if they know that if they choose not to
    love him he'll kill them, they know that's not a real choice. A choice would only be
    ultimately a real choice if there were no adverse consequences for excercising either
    choice -- and that is what JWs claim God is not offering.

Again this is easy to see in human terms. If I tell my daughter, "love me or I'll kill
    you," she might do plenty of things to convince me of her love. She might work especially
    hard if she knew that I could read her mind and figure out if she really loved me
    or it was only an act, or even self-deception done in self defense. Only if I give her
    the fully free choice, free of all threats and coercion, can I know whether she really
    loves me. It's the same with God and his creatures.

: The ongoing field test, as you call it, proves to honest observers that NOT loving God
    results in total disaster.

In the usual fashion of JW defenders, you're changing the parameters of the discussion.
    We're not talking about whether loving God or not can result in disaster, but about
    Satan's challenge whether humans as a species are 100% motivated by selfishness. You
    yourself stated the parameters: "The Devil's contention is that ALL CREATURES are
    inherently selfish." You ought to stick to the subject.

:: Finally there is a moral question: If God did indeed do as the Watchtower Society
    claims, then God is a monster unfit to rule. An illustration proves this easily.

: What a hypocritical contradiction. Whose morality are you talking about? Yours?

Of course not. I'm talking about the morality that people like you attribute to God.
    Humans are certainly capable of judging whether someone abides by moral standards, which
    you have no choice but to admit, given the beliefs required of JWs. This judgment is so
    simple to understand, even though you hate to admit it: Does God abide by his own stated
    moral requirements?

: You are like the Devil in that respect, in that while Satan challenged Jehovah and
    implied that he was unfair, he was also counting on God's sense of fairness to allow him
    time to make his case.

Wrong. My argument does not hinge on whether God agrees that my argument is
    correct, but on whether I and other humans think it is correct. After all,
    according to your own beliefs, God allows us to make this determination.

Let me remind you that I am not claiming that God is unfair, but that the doctrines
    about God espoused by Jehovah's Witnesses lead inevitably to the conclusion that God is
    unfair. The fact that they don't understand the implications of their own doctrines is
    what makes the doctrines nonsensical.

: Similarly, Satan charged Jehovah with bribing his creatures to love him,

According to JWs, it's not so much a bribe as it is a death threat. Are you claiming that
    God does not threaten people with death for not loving and obeying him?

: and yet what did the Devil do to Christ? He offered him the world if he would just but
    bow down at his feet.

Big deal. What is being 2nd in command on the earth when you can be 2nd in command of
    the universe? Besides which, Jesus would have known that his rulership would have been
    temporary, whereas his reward in heaven permanent. Again the ideas that JWs extract from
    Bible scenarios like this are nonsensical.

Again we find an unbelievable inability on the part of Jehovah's Witnesses to understand
    very simple reasoning.

: What hypocrisy. And here you say there is no real right or wrong but that God is WRONG!
    LOL

I'm not saying that God is wrong in some absolute sense, but that according to the full
    implications of JW beliefs God acts nonsensically.

Your LOL is the laughter of an insane person.

:: Suppose a human father is challenged by an adversary that his young children only
    appear to love him, and obey him only because they're afraid of him, and that given the
    opportunity they would dump him toute suite.

: The problem with your illustration is that God's creatures did dump him.

That's no problem with my illustration. On the contrary, it proves that my illustration
    is on the money because, just as some will choose to stick with God and some kids will
    will choose to stick with Dad, some will not. That's inherent to the way God made the
    human race. Do you deny that this is all in the design specs?

: In fact, the whole human race abandoned God in the Garden of Eden

Whoa whoa whoa! The whole human race? All two of them? This is another great
    illustration of the ridiculous lengths JWs will go to advance their ideas.

The actions of a mere two specimens of a race as varied as God designed humans to
    be in no way illustrates what humans are all about. They merely show a few of the
    capabilities inherent in their design.

Let's see just how ridiculous your claims become, with these facts in mind:

: because the first two parents of humanity turned their backs on Jehovah. So, God didn't
    choose to bring hardship upon mankind to prove a point.

Then why did he?

: Mankind went their own way of their free will.

Ah, I see it all now. God creates a man and plops that specimen into a paradise of
    pleasure. After many years pass he gets lonely (remember that bit in Genesis where Adam
    says, "At last!..." ?) Then God creates an incredibly sexy woman to be Adam's
    companion and tells him, "She's yours." He holds off jumping on her for a little while
    and in the meantime this supernaturally intelligent being named Satan comes along and
    tricks her into disobeying Adam. Adam, being rather horny by this time, and having had
    his longtime cravings for companionship and sex fulfilled, thinks with his dick instead
    of his head and, voila! The whole human race -- all two of them -- is
    screwed.

So did Satan really prove anything by this little trick? Not at all. He merely proved
    that a superintelligent supernatural creature can trick a newly-minted female human.
    That's all he did -- according to JW doctrine.

Furthermore, according to JW doctrine, God then changed the genetic makeup of Adam and
    Eve in such a way that they became inherently incapable of fully obeying
    God.
    Then God turned around and said to Adam and Eve's kids, "Hey! You're inherently
    sinful and you deserve to die! I'm going to do you a favor and set things up so my son
    gets to die and then I'll reverse the changes I made to your mom and dad's genes! Ain't
    I smart? Ain't I cool? Ain't I a wonderful and loving God?"

And you wonder why reasoning persons see that JW doctrine is nonsensical?

: So your illustration doesn't take reality into account that humans brought misery and
    death upon themselves.

It doesn't need to, because it's irrelevant to the question of whether inherently
    "sinful" people can fully obey God. The manner in which they got that way is irrelevant
    to the question.

Furthermore, your objection is just plain stupid. You didn't make yourself inherently
    sinful, and I didn't make myself inherently sinful, and neither did anyone else.
    God did that, thank you very much! Just as all humans who suffer misery and death
    are inherently sinful not of their own accord, so are the children in my illustration.

: It is in the context mankind's rebellion, degradation, and suffering that the issue is
    played out whereby God allows Satan to bring additional hardships and suffering upon his
    servants as it suits his purpose.

Meaningless JW jargon that adds nothing to your argument.

: In effect, you have merely taken up Satan's side of the issue by accusing Jehovah of
    being unjust for even allowing his creatures to suffer unjustly.

More jargon. You haven't explained a bloody thing. You can't explain why you'd accuse a
    human father of being unjust if he let his kids suffer and die just to win a bet, and
    yet allow that it's perfectly ok for God to do something billions of times worse.

And again you've failed to understand what I made very clear: I am not accusing
    God of anthing. I'm merely bringing out the inconsistencies and foolishness of JW
    doctrine.

: How like the Devil you are, who in the case of Job, brought untold suffering upon an
    innocent man to prove that God was unjust!

Really. Who have I brought suffering upon?

: So in your mind even if Jehovah allows Satan to try to prove his challenge, he is still
    unrighteous for allowing it. How perverse!

On the contrary, it's perverse to allow people to suffer horribly just to win a bet. It's
    particularly perverse when those making the bet merely have to consult a document to
    prove who is right.

:: Anyone who thinks the above illustration is poor is welcome to challenge it and
    demonstrate why the father proves himself loving by allowing his children to be tortured
    and killed by a criminal.

: Your illustration is poor because it sidesteps the secondary issue of a creature's
    integrity in the face of Satan's challenge that all creatures will defect.

What "secondary issue"? The issue of "integrity" is the primary issue in both
    cases. According to you Satan challenged the integrity of mankind; the adversary in my
    illustration challenged the "integrity" of the man's children. Here "integrity" means
    a willingness to love unselfishly and without coercion and because the person who is
    the object of love is worthy of it.

: It disallows the reason Christ forsook his heavenly nature and became a human and went
    through his ordeal at Satan's hands when he was on earth. Jesus did so willingly. He
    wanted to do his Father's will. He wanted to step up and take the Devil's best shot to
    prove that the Devil was a liar. It would have been most unloving of Jehovah to prevent
    his Son from standing up for his Father.

All of this is irrelevant. You're talking about a supposed "fix" here, whereas our
    discussion is about why a "fix" would be needed in the first place. Try to focus, Bobby!

: All of us who are similarly devoted to Jehovah's cause want the opportunity to prove
    our loyalty to God.

Perhaps you tell yourself that. Perhaps you're sincere. But I know perfectly well that
    most JW leaders who consider themselves "anointed" are extremely selfish men who are
    looking only for their reward. I know this because I can observe their willingness
    to violate any and all Christian principles and justify it as "doing God's will" if it
    advances them in their race to a reward. A scripture comes to my mind where God condemns
    certain Israelites: "You've hamstrung bulls in your arbitrariness" or something like that.

Assuming there is a God at all, I simply refuse to believe that he/she/it is anything
    like the monster Jehovah's Witnesses portray. Sure, they tell themselves that their
    version of God is supremely loving, but they know perfectly well that in the long run,
    if they step out of line, this "loving God" will kill them. JWs also tell themselves
    that their leaders don't lie to them, but you, Bobby, know very well that these men have
    told many lies. You also know that they've done many vile things in the name of God.
    That's why you think God will soon punish them, isn't it?

: P.S. Best wishes for your daughter's speedy recovery.

Thanks! She's doing extremely well.

AlanF

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    So, in the book of Job you have all of God's angels gathered together to hear a controversy that Satan has with God involving a human---Job. So, the issues involve heavenly creatures and earthly creatures and God himself. That makes it a universal issue. Get it?

I get it You Know.
    I just dont agree.
    No human was involved in the reasonings and discussions.
    Not even Job Himself. Actually, if youve bothered to read the book of Job right the way thru, you wil see at the end that Job starts to make a couple inquiries about ..."What the hell is going on God?"
    And God ROARS him into submission with a pyrotechniks display.
    He doesnt even answer the damn question.
    No human was privvy to the presentation of the opposing cases in the universal issue trial.
    You say that humans and Angels were involved, Not so.
    Taking the book of Job as a whole, Job is made to suffer to prove a point between God and Satan, and Job is oblivious as to the greater causes of his suffering thruout. So soon as he makes inquiries of God, God terrorizes him into silence.
    "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I LAID THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE... BLAH BLAH"
    And Job goes all humble with his fingers in his mouth in terror.
    Didnt Job deserve an answer??
    God dint think so.
    Overall message??
    God rules thru power. Not love.
    End of story.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

YOUKNOW does not have to tell us which God he follows becasue it is evident from his past posts going all the way back to H20...

The patronizing, condescending, holier-than-thou attitiude, lack of empathy, tendency to be callous, cynical, and contemptuous of the feelings, rights, and sufferings of us on this board, your superficial rationalizations for your behavior by blaming US the victims for being foolish, helpless or deserving our fate;(and this is the faith you are COMFORTABLE WITH)

THE GOD you follow is the God of the Christianity you claim will be destroyed by GOD...hah!!!

Although admittedly you have been behaving a lot better during this thread, and I thank you for that.

I stand by my earlier post. Maybe once upon a time we had no choice but to believe what we were told. But not anymore. I do not believe that God is the person Christianity and Watchtower PORTRAYS Him to be. There HAS to be another answer----.

Great topic. A thumbs up to EVERYONE who has posted to this thread...

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

With regard to this "universal issue" matter, Dubs always refer to the book of Job. They have to, cause its one of the few places in the Bible where satans opinions crack a mention.
    But its invalid quoting Job because Job is a STORY.
    Its not real history.
    anyone who actually READS Job can see this plain as day.
    Example.Job 32.
    (Just one example plucked out of the book)
    Job is having a debate with some other old boys thruout the book, for those whove forgotten, or havent read it.

Anyway, Job 32:
    A guy called Elihu commences to speak....

verse 10- "Do listen to me. I shall declare my knowledge, even I .

verse 17-"I shall give in answer my part, even I, I shall declare my knowledge, even I. For I have become full of words"...

verse 20- .."I shall open my lips that I may answer"..

Chapter 33 verse 1- "please hear my words, and to all my speaking do give ear. Look please! I have to open my mouth. My tongue with my palate has to speak"...

Thats more than a page of the Bible with this dude announcing that hes going to utter forth!He hasnt actually SAID anything yet!
    Just verbosity introducing himself.
    Does anyone actually believe that this is a REAL conversation?
    Does anyone believe that anybody would sit there actually listening to this guy introducing himself like this endlessly??
    No chance. It is not literal. Its a tale.
    And if its a tale, then the "conversations" in Heaven between God and the Devil are a tale also.

• Bleep
    Bleep

One must look at the whole entire bible book to see why a God would let these happenings take place under Satan the god of this world. I will not site scriptures and preach to you lost soles but I will add my lightening advice I have found in the bible these past 15 years.

First off you ppls posts are too long and not to the point. Trying to figure out why this and why that is not the job of imperfect humans. It is enough work just trying to stay meek.

Mankind has appointed rulers from God since he lets them do what they want until they start to turn on Jehovahs Witnesses. Then if that happens he will tell the four angels to let go of the four corner winds of the earth and slaughter all who keep doing bad. No one knows when that time will come but hopefully soon. They will have to know who Jehovah is first after the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ the king. After the thousand years Satan will have his last try to decieve Gods peoples. But since they will be perfect at that time, it will be easy to follow what is right.

Ok so what about NOW many will ask. This is time to be good. And a time to prove Satan a liar. We will trust in Jehovah even though we are imperfect and keep with his teachings,The bible. We have the bible, his spirit to protect us, and prayer. We have it all.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Bleep, I have read your post and appreciate the comments therein. You say that it is not up to us to explore different aspects of the Bible? That there are somethings that we as imperfect humans simply will never understand? I concur with that. However, you must admit that the WTBTS has spent years and has published millions of pieces of literature in an attempt to do just that, to give us their explanation of just what the Bible says.

Its just a pity that they hardly ever get it right and are forced to change their findings all the time and then to print even more literature to explain their current findings.

I do not believe that the people on this forum are "lost souls". We are people simply trying to make sense of the world in which we live and the teachings of the watchtower that we used to follow.

I wish you the best.

• Bleep
    Bleep

One must look at the whole entire bible book to see why a God would let these happenings take place under Satan the god of this world. I will not site scriptures and preach to you lost souls but I will add my enlightening advice I have found in the bible these past 15 years.

First off some of you pupils posts are too long and not to the point. Trying to figure out why this and why that is not the job of imperfect humans. It is enough work just trying to stay meek. True this is a web page discussion under Jehovahs Witnesses I do not belong here. Since most here are rebuking the whole entire bible. This will be my final say here.

Mankind has appointed rulers from God since he lets them do what they want until they start to turn on Jehovah's Witnesses. Then if that happens he will tell the four angels to let go of the four corner winds of the earth and slaughter all who keep doing bad. No one knows when that time will come but hopefully soon. They will have to know who Jehovah is first after the thousand years reign of Jesus Christ the king. After the thousand years Satan will have his last try to deceive Gods peoples. But since they will be perfect at that time, it will be easy to follow what is right.

Ok so what about now many will ask. This is time to be good. And a time to prove Satan a liar. We are not being judged yet, but we meaning JWs believe to have a trust in Jehovah even though we are imperfect and keep with his teachings, The bible. We have the bible, his spirit to protect us, and prayer. We have it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit