Any ex elder/bethelite willing to talk/email with awakening JW?

by SeekingTheRealTruth 17 Replies latest jw friends

• SeekingTheRealTruth
    SeekingTheRealTruth

I am mostly a lurker here..i check this website everyday. My husband and I left the religion 3 years ago. All my family were active JWs when we left, but that is all changing now. I NEVER thought the day would come that my mother is realizing something is desperately wrong with this organization! She was born and raised in this religion but is on her way out. She really wants to talk with someone who was an elder/bethelite just to talk with them about what made them realize something wasn't right while holding a position. If anyone is interested in helping me out I would greatly appreciate it. Please PM me. Thanks!

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here with us.

• SeekingTheRealTruth
    SeekingTheRealTruth

Thank you Newly Enlightened! Glad to be here

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

You have a PM.

• Mum
    Mum

Congratulations! It is wonderful to have your family with you as you exit. Best wishes to all of you in your new life of freedom.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Some believed I was "elder material".

I was often "encouraged" to "reach out".

At some level I knew it would be a mistake.

I held back for decades.

Now I know why.

In detail.

The "unabridged gospel" or "full Good News" is a cure-all medicine that has 30 or more important ingredients.

The Watchtower has removed all but one: the future restoration of physical paradise on this earth. This is a twisted and deleterious interpretation of Matt 24:14. The present and spiritual realities of the "Good News" are all missing in the Watchtower's depleted "Good News".

They call themselves "publishers of the Good News" yet the "Good News" according to Paul is not on their lips nor in their heart. And more than half of their own Bible's roughly 152 references to "good news" are by Paul! And Paul never once referred to "good news" and "kingdom" in the same sentence.

Even worse - many fragments of the "full Good News" can be found in the Watchtower library.

However anyone collating and assembling those fragments will see the serpents behind the Pharisees' masks, and taste their Sanhedrin (GB) prescribed venom.

The Watchtower and its "ruling religious clergy class" are irreformably corrupt and apostate through and through.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

BTTT

Hi SeekingTheRealTruth, I'm am glad that you and your family are awakening. I bumped this thread hopefully so that a former elder/bethelite will write to you.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Feel free to look at some of my intro posts. I was a Bethelite, a regular pioneer, and a MS.

In short though - politics woke me up. There is no Holy Spirit in decisions made.

Elders pray for a blessing for a decision that is not made from or based on the scriptures, and quite regularly too.

Oh yes, and I'm open to email/PM.

CoC

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

PM sent

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Conscience- nice- except your scary avatar/icon will scare the wits out of an older lady.

Icon/avatar or names related to satan, hate, scary images, will not convey any

desire to seek truth, the exact opposite. Its just marketing, if you represent yourself

as a tattored bloody fiend or an evil monster in your picture, who will come to you

for spiritual comfort ? Especially and older, widow, unsure of herself and seeking safety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit