Being honest & fair, can you think of anything that the Watchtower does that's beneficial to the public?

by Theocratic Sedition 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

They print information telling people that if they don't become a JW then

God is going to have to kill them.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" There's nothing the JW's offer freely that you can't get elsewhere. All of the things they "provide" is done only if you become a JW. Otherwise they won't help you. "

Sad, but true. I was counciled for helping a neighbor with an emergency rather than going in service. I should have went in service, and then helped the neighbor. Thanks, " Stars " in Jesus' right hand!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Isn't there a Congressman somewhere that would love to tax organizations pretending to be charities?!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Yes they help a lot....for instance:

They open up job opportunities in their communities by not being even remotely qualified to apply for good jobs as they are most often under educated and un skilled.

They will never serve as a volunteer fireperson. They will never volunteer at a free clinic, the library or Hostice. Thereby allowing non witnesses to enjoy giving back to their community.

Since they never were interested in providing assisted living facilities for their aging members that field is left open to the other churchs and private companies to fill.

They don't apply to colleges there-by allowing more worldly people to get a good head's up.

Their shunning policy while painful allows more qualified persons to leave the religion and start their life over.

All of these things benefit millions of people. My hat is off to them.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Not really.

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit