Problems with the "Bogus AWAA Fan Page"..

by OUTLAW 447 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• soontobe
    soontobe
    If all the people in that group WANT to be members as they claim then delete it and they can easily re-join a new one. Isn't that the quickest, safest and simplest solution right now?

It is. WHY DON'T THEY DO IT? This quick fix would put an end to the problem.

Cedars' refusal to budge on this very simple matter, along with all the dishonesty we've seen, has completely impaired his credibility and any trust we can have in this group.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Plus there is spin and then there is spin. What cedars has written on the AAWA page is a good lesson in self esteem building and in not allowing mistakes and negativity to get one down so low that one cannot get up. In a balanced way he also addressed all of the issues (mine anyway) in an honest manner and did not employ the sort of spin the WT uses.

Snowball.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Cedars' refusal to budge on this very simple matter, along with all the dishonesty we've seen, has completely impaired his credibility and any trust we can have in this group.

Call me cynical, but the only person on this earth I trust is myself, and only to a point. (comes from being very gullible in the past)

When I do need to "trust" someone, I check their track record. In a very short period of time, the AWAA track record has become very unimpressive. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

W

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

""Cedars' refusal to budge on this very simple matter, along with all the dishonesty we've seen, has completely impaired his credibility and any trust we can have in this group."

I think it was just that dishonesty that made people furious.

But now things have gone a lot further.

• *lost*
    *lost*

I'm not going to comment about Cedars personally. I do not know him.

I will comment on the words that were used during the discussions though.

The minut I heard the word 'business' being used. Just made me feel uneasy. because business is the nature of the beast, and usually it is a ferocious un-relenting beast that feeds on people to survive. I'm sure many of us 'know' what we are talking about when it comes to doing business in the world. Power hungry, money hungry. Liars, cheats, con-men, charlatans. Criminals.

No one was suggesting that applied to these good people, it's perspective. when your dealing with wisened old men, they are always on gaurd, suspicious by nature, and the least trusting of anyone and anything, why ? they have learned the real, hard lessons of life, and have survived. It only takes one mistake for things to go wrong. Unfortunately this has happened.

the problem is, what's niggling, is how the problem was dealt with.

Some of us have been around the block and back and know what we are up against in the 'real world'. We are not all ignorant brain-washed 'door-knockers' easily conned and fooled. We were fooled by wt yes. Which cuts the deepest for me. the filth of it all, it wants destroying. Highly unlikely that will happen as there is too much money invloved, creating the cushy life-style for the select and elitists, that have no business calling themselves religious, let alone 'Christian witnesses' of the most High, God himself.

I really wish people would take the time to ACTUALLY read all of the conversations that were happening, then they would know what they are talking about. Instead of making broad sweeping statements when they do not have the facts.

Our thinking and reasoning skills and our sharp, suspicious minds and brains are what got us out and is how we survived after all.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

To me the thing is, lost, that a handful of the AAWA critics are relentlessly beating the same annoying drum over and over. The point has been made. It hasn't been taken. Sorry. Too bad. Life awaits. Go live it.

• *lost*
    *lost*

MS - true. It has now morphed.

Is it best to ignore a problem/issue ? or talk it through and clarify matters.

i can understand people getting tied up in knots though.

I don't think it's playing the blame game. Just unfortunately it took a bad turn, and there's been a minor crash.

When you use words like TRUTH, JUSTICE, INTEGRITY, MORAL FIBRE, HONESTY, TRUST - they are serious words and you have to be able to follow through 110%. if you claim they stand for something in your life.

it doesn't affect me, not really. BUT it has affected some others, who have made valid points.

Should their concerns be brushed aside as unimportant.

should misleading information be held to scrutiny.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I wish this organisation well in their endeavours. But until they can accept their mistakes and correct them. And make peoples privacy a priority. I will not be giving them my support.

I cannot believe they will not do something as simple as deleting all their followers and allowing people who want to join to do so themselves. This speaks volumes about the attitude of the leader of this organisation. Something so simple to fix is turned into something potentially damaging for innocent people because egos get in the way. If this is an indication of how this organisation will be run..

Count me out.

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

(hopefully, it's locked down now to admin-approval only as well as secret?)

For the record, it IS now locked down to admin-approval only for adding new members, and it IS secret.

• l p
    l p

It is time for the "bashers" to give up an get on with their lives.

What does it matter to you if the name doesn't work?

Why do you care if Cedars is putting himself at legal risk - not that he is, you just don't know the law very well.

And you obviously don't understand Facebook. Pretty well anyone can add others to a group. Even if AAWA remove everyone and start again, there is nothing to stop this happening again in the future, because of the way Facebook works. If someone has been added and do not want to be part of the group, they can remove themselves, just like I did because I am not d/f and don't want my identity revealed.

Where do you think the person that added all these people got the names from? It is because they have identified themselves on facebook as JWs or exJws and most likely are already in other JW groups. If they don't want to be outed, then they should not be identifying themselves as JWs on the internet. I highly doubt your claims that anyone has been outed. If anyone has been, let them take it up personally with AAWA, why are you fighting imaginary battles for people you don't even know.

Haters gonna hate, but at least some people are doing something proactive to help.

L p

PS Be positive, I think AAWA can do a lot of good. If only it had been there when the rest of us had left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit