Any JWs You Know Practically Salivating Over this North Korea Situation???

by LostGeneration 29 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

@chaserious - He may have been headed there, I remember that being one of his favorite speculations about a decade ago. Uggggghhh.

@Marvin - I think the word "nuclear" really scares them. As it should all of us. But of course if/when that ever happens, the real shocker is going to be how they react after Jehovah doesn't "step in". At least that is what I was told as a kid growing up, that Jehovah would never let a nuclear war happen.

I think if its just one nuclear explosion somewhere, a lot of JWs will be shaken, not that I would ever, ever want that to happen.

@zeb - I hated that as a kid. All kinds of threats to a school age kid about being put into a concentration camp, having cold water poured over you while standing out in zero degree weather. Stuff a kid should never think about.

Yep, Dad doesn't take time to think about the collateral damage, of course he would just reason it away that they would be resurrected.

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

My next door niehgbor is a Col. Who is in intelligence. I asked him about the whole NK situation. His report was this. NK has enough fuel to fly their airplanes for about a day. They have about 700 ships. Most are landing ships. Only three big boats. So after 1 day the airforce is done and after 15 min the navy is done. After one day, the navy and airforce are useless. Ground troops and military would take less than a week. We then give the land back top China and let them manage the rebuild.

• WrongweektostopsniffingGlue
    WrongweektostopsniffingGlue

Witnesses who have been born and raised in the U.S, and especially whose family has lived for generations in the U.S, get paranoid whenever something is a potential threat to the U.S. War that has actual combat hasn't been fought on U.S soil since the civil war. Witnesses in the U.S think that if anything happens to this nation "it must be the end".

• smiddy
    smiddy

JW`s thrive on problems, whether they be global ,personal, or local, it is what drives them , validating their beleif that armageddon is imminent ,and it has been doing so for the past 130 years.

smiddy

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

paranoia and fear = believers

the watchtower has built a global empire for itself on that one concept. They will milk this like any other situation, the whole concept is so well entrenched that the WT does not even have to say a thing! The JWs do it for them, perpetuating the mantra ''the end is nigh''

The powers that control the corporation must surely sleep with smiles all night

Oz

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

China wont back North Korea like they did in the cold war 1950's things are completely changed. The war would last afew weeks at best.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Most are not up on current events, too busy using Facebook and Twitter about the newlight coming down the pike.

Elder wife thought South Korea is below Virgina, geography is not their strong point. "What kind of Chinese are you sisters (Korean Kingdom Hall) the Hick witnesses said to Koreans witnesses working a swap meet in los angeles.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

'Bout time for the old "vultures have been seen over London" reports.

• RN
    RN

My daughter is stationed in S. Korea and she is telling me all is well and it's business as usual...

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

my mother was the same in 1962, with the cuba crisis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit