AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• gone for good
    gone for good

Christ Alone -

Can you open a thread about art that might be useful for this revolution?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Over 10,000 hits in two days says AWAA is addressing a real need.

Congratulations on establishing a workable framework for a common uniting goal.

This type of critical mass may in time prove to be our only real way to get mainstream media's attention and interest.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iam proposing that a new name of The Association of Watchtower Activists (AWA) be considered. Why? The designation of activitists is enough to denotate anti or against. Think of Immigration Activisits. May include anti-immigrantion or Pro-Iimmigration. Think also of student activism. That is enough to tell what students are up to. Human Right Activitists are in essence, anti-government however, they do not indentify themselves as such. Before a name is proposed, you would think of the audience in mind. Will that be only the a segment of those already within or familiar with the Watchtower? Think of Jehovahs-Witnesses.net site. How about thinking of asking all us to propose a name on a new thread to run for 6 months then a final one will be picket up.

Scott77

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Excellent video. Well done and thank you for this great initiative!

Loz x

• The Quiet One
  • *lost*
    *lost*

Personally

I think this post needs to be shut down now.

It has been reduced to bickering over something which on the scale of things is unimportant, the name.

The focus and the energy should be focused into moving it forwards with great speed and strength. Too many people out there needing help. Also, it doesn't loook good if we don't have a united front.

Forget about the name now and move on. It is done.

Concentrate on the big stuff and push the positives.

• cedars
    cedars

Scott77

Think of Jehovahs-Witnesses.net site. How about thinking of asking all us to propose a name on a new thread to run for 6 months then a final one will be picket up.

This is my final response on this issue, after all it's my day off.

The following is an edited version of a PM I have just sent to someone who is also complaining about JWN being bypassed in AAWA's decision-making process. This sums up everything I have to say on the matter, and I hope you can all respect my position even if you don't agree with it...

I have to disagree with you that JWsurvey and JWN have anything to do with refining or deciding on business models. I love JWN, but for all its plus-points it is most certainly NOT a group of likeminded individuals. Do we really want the likes of Lars, a self-appointed messiah, defining our business strategy? (no offense Lars!)As for JWsurvey, it serves as a statement to prove that not all JWs approve of the Governing Body, and that the numbers of exJWs are swelling. AAWA is completely different. It is an organized strategic response, and it needs a small group of experienced and committed individuals at the helm - not an entire internet forum. When I say "committed" I mean people who are actually legally tied to the organization through its articles of incorporation. Some anonymous individual visiting an internet forum, who could have a completely different agenda to that of AAWA, should not be allowed to shape the direction of our company whilst having absolutely no liability for its success or failure. You're entitled to view it differently, and set up your own organization with JWN as the board of directors, but this is how we've chosen to run our organization, and so far it works. All of this is expressed in our mission statement, which clearly states our name and where nowhere does it say that we will use internet forums in our decision making process. I hope you don't mind me being blunt, but this is how we're doing it. It's not just me, it's the entire board. An organization that constantly changes course soon becomes a laughing stock. Other organizations we are building alliances with (not to mention the Governing Body) will not take us seriously if we do a 180 every time a few people object to what we're doing on JWN. When board decisions are made they need to be stuck to through thick and thin, rather than have a complete U-turn only weeks later. Otherwise, there is little or no point in making board decisions in the first place if they are all subject to change if a few individuals on an internet forum disagree with us. I for one cannot be president of such a board. Once the board makes a decision it is my job to make sure it is implemented and stuck to no matter what, otherwise I might as well not be involved at all. I hope I've explained things for you, and I hope you can respect my point of view even if you don't agree with it. As I mentioned on the thread, JWN is fantastic, it is the wild-west tavern of the Ex-JW community with all manner of individuals hanging around, both for and against Watchtower - but it isn't the answer to everything in life. If you start to view it in that light, you will end up being disappointed.

Cedars

• designs
    designs

nicely put cedars

• irondork
    irondork

Cedars: JWN is fantastic, it is the wild-west tavern of the Ex-JW community

An apt metaphore.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Wonderful. What about publishing a press release that could be sent to media outlets?

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit