AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

The Quiet One

How specifically does it benefit Exjw's to have an organisation,

So far there is no organization to represent JW-related matters other than the Watch Tower Society. AAWA will tell the other side of the story by representing Ex-JWs and their concerns. It will provide a media presence for working with journalists and other organizations with similar aims and objectives in order to reach common goals. For example, we are already in the process of establishing links with SNAP (The Survivors Network of Those Abused By Priests). And there are many similar organizations with shared goals and values that we can establish a working relationship with to further our cause.

and how will any donations be used?

The internet is great, but any kind of meaningful publicity that will get the attention of active Witnesses costs money. We had a thread recently about billboards at district conventions, which I personally felt was an excellent idea if tastefully executed. This is a perfect example of how money can go a long way in helping grab the attention of wavering Witnesses if spent astutely. There are other activism initiatives we are working on including a church outreach program, and (of course) we are going to be setting up a toll-free helpline for those struggling with mental and emotional problems as a result of the organization. Toll-free helplines are only free to the caller.

Cedars

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The Korah Class.

Great video! I think that this group has extreme promise. Historically, EXJW's have been known to be as hard as herding cats to get together and make ground against the Watchtower. I like how the video is presented as a single script being read by different people. It shows unity which is the bane of the Watchtower's existence. The best of luck to all of you!

-Sab

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

I have created topic about your site on russian language Ex-JW forum.
    http://www.jwforum.ru/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13241
    I am sure that visitors definitely will feel strengthen knowing how big and powerfull are forces that follow uninspired WTS prophets.
    Great job!! Take off my hat.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Sab. The "herding cats" metaphor surfaced in some of our earliest discussions. It's one of the reasons why we decided almost straight away that we would be inclusive of all religious/philosophical backgrounds.

As you suggest, I think this video just proves that the cause we fight for transcends personal beliefs and differences. Some of those guys weren't just reading my script - they really meant it. Look out for Ruben Ortiz reading "we are angry because we care!" He insisted on having that line because he agreed with it fully.

Cedars

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Fantastic! Great job you guys: A face for the faceless, a voice for the voiceless!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Cedars,

Include me there. One problem I see with the antiwatchtower movement in general is that the message is in English and that it is neglecting to bring the message to other languages, especially Spanish which may be the first language of possibly millions of JW's . I don't have much extra time, but I can put my tiny effort to produce/translate the message to Spanish. You can count on my support in every possible way I can do it.

Call me Winston Smith (recently I feel that way when I am surrounded by all my JW family member and friends) It's becoming a nightmarish experience.

Feel free to PM me. I can exchange email addresses with you guys. I live in California and own a small copying business. Use my niche if you find it useful

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks never a jw - would you be able to fill in and send the questionnaire on our website? We have someone who is collating all the completed questionnaires. I would prefer if we had your details on our records so that you don't slip through the net. Here is the link...

http://jwactivists.org/volunteer/

Cedars

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

goodsoul

If we had Russian translators we would do what we can in Russian, or Spanish or French, or pick a language.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Thanks for posting the WT brief on the Conti appeal! Good luck with your efforts. It's an interesting concept.

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

Amazing.

In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

Mahatma Gandhi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit