AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I'm really excited by the whole endeavor. I love and embrace it.

However, I really hate the name "Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists!"

Like that is going to attract anyone still under control and seeking a discreet way out.

That's my 2 cents...

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Sad, because I would use my name and rep on this if it weren't for the "anti-Watchtower" stigma. I have family in that cult still, and this is not how I will get thru.Instead of the anti-Watchtower idea, I would prefer the Watchtower victims thought, or the idea of Watchtower surveillance… or WT examiner... I dunno. Just something that won't repulse every troubled JW.

Those who think the name is not the important thing, have obvioulsy no understanding of marketing.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

breakfast of champions

//I agree. The name isn't as important as what gets done. //

Sorry to say you are totally wrong on this. It's going against the ABC of any marketing study.

• *lost*
    *lost*

NOT WANTING TO OFFEND ANYONE LIKE .... BUT ...

I may be worng, if so please explain it clearly to me so that I do understand.

It's not a humanitarian mission, to go in and physically/forceably rescue individuals trapped inseide. (it's not the fire department)

People really need to start taking the initiative themselves - AND MAN UP EVERYONE - instead of wanting others to do all the dirty work and fighting for them.

START PUTTING IN SOME EFFORT YOURSELVES. Instead of moaning and groaning about everything, woe, woe, woe is me. I'm like poor JOB, I'll just sit here in the dirt and scratch my sore, woe woe.

YOU EACH HAVE A RESPONSIBILTY AND DUTY YOURSELF to these people of yours trapped inside. You have to do some work to help. You have to do teh steps necessary to WAKE THEM UP.

You can't just sit back, take the easy ride and let everyone else do it.

YOU cannot make anyone leave or change, and you don't have the right to either. They are using they free will and choosing their path. You have no right to stop them doing what they want to do.

if they IGNORE the warnings, it's their choice, they have no-one to blame for their happiness, they got themsleves into their own mess.

AAWA - i think, is about helping others who WAKE UP and WANT to get out. A refuge, a safe sanctuary, there are loads of charities in the world doing the same thing for people.

It's a life line, when someone reaches out their hand AAWA is there to grab onto, to pull you out.

IF YOUR TOO FRIGHTENED ( for fear of losing something ) to stand up and speak the truth in life, about anything, and are happy to take the easy path and go along with the crowd. Then do that, but don't moan and attack everything else that is positive. i would fight tooth and nail and throw down my life for my children.... and if they were trapped in this cult I would be fighting tooth and nail and I wouldn't care about upsetting anyone or losing anything, cos nothing else matters. You would go into a burning fire for your kids. FIGHT FOR THEM. One day something will click, and they will realise you were right. YOU AT LEAST TRIED to something. have courage.

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Lost-- "AAWA - i think, is about helping others who WAKE UP and WANT to get out. A refuge, a safe sanctuary" *thumbs up*

• gorgia
    gorgia

Cedars et al,

Congratulations! I too saw a post of Cedar's some time ago and thought, 'Oooh - what is he hinting at?!!' - now it all makes sense. I wish AAWA nothing but success. How wonderful to see the demise of the Governing Body one day, via the united commitment of ex-JDubs.

I've not been here for a while - (too busy with my STUDYING AT UNIVERSITY FINALLY IN MY 35TH YEAR!!!!!!) - and, knowing myself very well, disallowed any peeks for the first few weeks - I love this site - but I am grateful I ended my sabbatical today and saw how busy Cedars and everyone have been getting AAWA ready for world release.

Thanks again, I am so excited and would be honoured to be a volunteer.

gorgia

• jwleaks
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Love that mag front, jwleaks!

• jw07
    jw07

This 'nue light' is great!

It looks like the GB are about to have their asses handed to them.

AAWA Akbar!!!!!

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I believe that no matter what the name is mind controlled JW's are conditioned to view everyone in the world with suspicion and or outright disdain. It could be the most PC name you can ever come up with and the mind set will still be that anything against the WT or its policies is of satanic origin plain and simple black and White thinking. It is only when you begin to question and think for yourself that this new and wonderful organization can help anyone. This is just my humble opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit