Another first for this "Apostate"

by dazed but not confused 20 Replies latest social current

• unstopableravens
  • dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Comatose - Thanks

Lied2NoMore - Thanks. I had been doing research on technique for a while now. I will get it right eventually. I took a couple tries to get it right yesterday.

Ravens - Your no fun. GO BRONCOS!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have loved the smell of cigars being smoked ever since I can remember. I smoked ciggies for about 5 years in my teens, and I tried a few cigars in that time, loved 'em.

I will treat myself to one again soon. Mrs Phizzy lives in mortal fear that I will get hooked on 'baccy again, but I don't think one huge cigar once in a while is likely to do that to me.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i was a heavy smoker for years--till i had a heart attack aged 49--so i cant recommend it--for health reasons.

but i guess you need to try it for yourself---like sex i suppose. either will probably make you throw up the first time you try it.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I like to keep a few in a small humidor during the summer months - probably have one once a month or so with a nice glass of scotch out on the back deck during warm weather. I've never been a smoker, but a fine cigar can be a truly enjoyable experience.

dbnc - my personal favorites have been by Cohiba, Arturo Fuente, Oliva, and Padron. Enjoy your camping trip!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Padron was excellent.

• stillin
    stillin

I'm with Zoiks on the Cohiba. Perdomo, Partagas. Generally, you won't find a great smoke for cheap. If you do, buy a few and stock up! I started sneaking one in maybe every other week several years ago, so since it's such a treat, I want to be sure I enjoy my "private pleasure."

that's the other thing. If it becomes a habit, or even too regular, for me, some of the pleasure is lost. Not to mention the expense.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

My faves are Rocky Patel Edge Lites:

Make sure you have a good guillotine cigar cutter:

Don't cut off too much. You'll want to get a very hot lighter too!

Enjoy!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Stillin - I think if i find one or 2 that I like I will buy them online. They are a lot cheaper if i buy in bulk. The Cusano M1 was about 50% less online than the single I bought at the shop.

Don't cut off too much. You'll want to get a very hot lighter too!

check and check!

Zoiks - I will probably invest in a humidor eventually. This is going to be a really enjoyable spring/summer...for me, not Mrs Dazed... Just enjoyed the remainder of the M1.

Mrs Phizzy lives in mortal fear that I will get hooked on 'baccy again, but I don't think one huge cigar once in a while is likely to do that to me.

Mrs Dazed feels similar

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

dazed: dumervill seems like hes fun lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit