Went to Premier of Truth Be Told in Brooklyn (Spoiler Alert!)

by rubadubdub 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Hopefully this film will create more awareness for the outside world. Everybody is now aware of the wackiness of Scientology or the extremes of the Amish and like groups. But when you mention JWs, they say: “JWs? They are really nice people!”

I often acknowledge that many are nice people. But then I say, “There is a whole underside that you do not see.” Then comes the blank stare, because they don’t really comprehend.

The more awareness the better.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Did a lot of people attend?

• Hillary
    Hillary

I was there. The theater was about two thirds full, I'd say. I sat in front of Rick Fearon and got to talk to him a little bit.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Thank you for posting. My husband and I want to see it but are waiting for it to come to Philly, not sure when that will be.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Aunt Fancy, The producer said they 'hope to head to the West Coast next, perhaps Los Angeles.'

Hillary, We must have been sitting across the aisle from each other!

frankiespeakin, I think there were about a hundred, people there. As Hillary said, the theater seemed to be 2/3's full. During the Q & A they asked for a show of hands of ex-jws in the audience, and I think that was about 2/3's in attendance-- wondering who the others were!

• Hillary
    Hillary

Yes, I think you are the lady who I chatted with for a little bit and we wished each other safe travels home before we left. I didn't raise my hand when he asked for a show of hands because I was never baptized (grew up in it from ages 9 through 19). Perhaps a lot of others who didn't raise their hands were also people who grew up in it but were never baptized. I don't consider myself an ex-jw for that reason.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Hillary wrote:

Yes, I think you are the lady who I chatted with for a little bit and we wished each other safe travels home before we left. I didn't raise my hand when he asked for a show of hands because I was never baptized (grew up in it from ages 9 through 19). Perhaps a lot of others who didn't raise their hands were also people who grew up in it but were never baptized. I don't consider myself an ex-jw for that reason.

I thought that may have been you! I thought we had exchanged first names at one point, but I didn't remember Hillary!

Thanks for your thought about the category: Other

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit