“New light” Watchtower magazine leaked from organization weeks ahead of general release

by cedars 211 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

http://jwsurvey.org/governing-body-2/new-light-watchtower-magazine-leaked-from-organization-weeks-ahead-of-general-release

Well, I did my best!

If doctrinal explanations are missing from the article, it is because they are also missing from the magazine.

I would like to give my thanks again to my source for supplying me with the magazine article weeks ahead of its scheduled release. It showed remarkable courage, because risks were taken. I hope my article justifies his/her faith in me.

I would also like to acknowledge the assistance of Barbara Anderson in pointing me in the direction of Rud Persson - an expert on the Society's early history. His input was greatly valued. I can't wait for his book to be released.

If anyone has any questions or suggested improvements to the article, please let me know.

Cedars

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Cedars, You say:

"Three weeks ahead of its expected release date in mid-April, a scanned copy of the July 15 2012 “Study Edition” of the Watchtower was leaked to the office of JWsurvey by a conscientious active Witness within the organization. I have spent the last two days analyzing its contents."

It's a mistake right? It is July 15 2013?

• cedars
    cedars

Sorry, well spotted TJ! My head is clearly still in last year! I'll fix it...

Cedars

• happy@last
    happy@last

Cedars, your time and effort is greatly appreciated, I cannot fathom how anyone can just accept all this and believe the GB are who they say they are, the R+F are truly blinded. As you say, it leaves more questions that cannot appear to be answered.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I remember in years past when articles like this would give JWs such a feeling of importance and urgency.

• sir82
    sir82

I still find it amazing that someone high enough to leak this would risk it. Seems that they have an awful lot to lose, for a gain of just a few weeks time.

There can't be more than a few dozen heavies who would have this sort of access. Seems that it wouldn't be too hard to track down the source of the leak.

I'm certainly grateful, but I wonder about the disproportionate risk taken on by the leaker.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Great article. Once again.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Wow. Oh, wow. Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow.

Thank you, Cedars, for preparing this. Definitely full of surprises.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Well done Cedars. As always, well reasoned and enjoyable.

In particular you did an outstanding job of underlining the GB's astounding arrogance. It's a shame that so many trapped in the organization are blind to the power and destiny in which the GB cloaks itself.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Cedars I salute you. to your contact as well.

edit post: It's not possible for them(WT) to hit you with an cease and desist of some sort, is it? The pictures on your blog, are they from the actual leaked WT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit