A Memorial First

by truth_b_known 14 Replies latest jw friends

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I've been out for a good solid 7 years.

Last night was the 2nd memorial in a row I did not attend.

This year's Memorial was the 1st time I did not receive an invitation or a visit or a phone call from anyone asking me to attend.

In fact, I didn't even realize it was last night until I got on this website this morning.

It feels great!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've been out 2 or 3 years......wow how time flies and I didn't know it was the mock the Christ memorial either.

Celebration time methinks!

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

We've been out for two years and last year we were bombarded with invites from family and the locals and friends. We were in a constant fight for the month leading upto the Memorial (the first one we skipped). This year we didnt hear a single thing from our family/friends who are still in. Not one word. We did have a couple morons knock on our door but I just let them knock. I could see through the peep hole they had invites.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No invites on this end either. No door knockers or parking lot pushers. My mother did mention it yesterday morning when I called her but it wasn't an invite.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Same here, I got nothing. What a relief! Didn't even know the date of the memorial until seeing it on the this site over the weekend.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I got a phone call invite the night before, I gave a very patronising 'aw thank you' and ended the call.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

No invites for me and my new family either. Funny though that although we live in the country we are on a main and popular road. I can safely say no one from my former Congo knows where I live, not even my ex! I'm in a different territory one which this Congo is supposedly covering almost twice a year, a rarity in these parts. This congos elduhs were always commended by the co when he would come around by way of example and by way of shaming us to do more! But then again maybe things have changed in 2 years, who knows. But while building our house I was here everyday for approx 11 months. Nothing.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

How very interesting… I thought only my neighborhood was not getting worked. No one in this area knows who we are and my wife is home with the kids all day, I’m home on the weekends …

Last year they visited twice in the same week once for the memorial invite and then a couple days later the same people were back with magazines. We had been annoyance free since then. The odd thing is that there are at least 8 congregations within a 10 mile radius of where we live AND our neighborhood is dog free with sidewalks going from house to house so its prime door to door territory.

Is it possible the local congs can no longer muster enough service participation to regularly work the area?

Hmmmm I would like to think so!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I visited my parents recently and the memorial didn't even get a mention. No invitations littering the entryway of my apartment building this year either. I thought maybe they were relying on everyone visiting JW.org for an invitation.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

I wonder if attendance will be down or if it will be up... if its up it wouldnt shock me if the #'s are faked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit