The FIRST Memorial I’ve missed in 41 years…

by Londo111 37 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

This is our 4th missed memorial............

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

memorial? whats that?

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

The third for me, but the last couple of times even though I played a part, I saw how ridiculous it was, such a fuss for an hour. And to think this is a celebration? There was never any time to talk with new ones other than to say hi i mean with the congos leaving and coming in after, it was a giant rush job. I was somewhat embarrassed for all the studies we would bring, like it was just a ruse after all of the explaining how important blah blah blah, you need to attend because blah blah blah. I'm just wondering did anyone here feel like that, like it was always a big exhausting build up and then a giant let down. A nonevent to say the least.

Slavenomore

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

YOU ROCK LONDO - "Free at last... free at last"!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Nice. Was wondering if you were going. Unfortunately, we are leaving in a few minutes.

Enjoy!

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I've missed a lot! I have a sinus infection, so my mom wasn't hounding me about going. Our church celebrated the "Lord's Supper" last week. But not without having us examine ourselves first. I partook. I love those days!!

• Dagney
    Dagney

This will be my eighth year to miss. The prior two only went because of mom. Eight years ago she was in a nursing home and in a lot of pain, and I sat with her while she listened by phone. I remember thinking..."yeah...won't be doing this again...ever."

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

my forth year not going

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

For Reopened Mind and Me this will be our 2nd one we have missed. That's after 56 years of going. Born In. Totally ADD

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

The last one that I went to - a few years ago- I also went as an outsider perspective. First, we went to the assembly hall where it was held and instead of being able to see the speaker, they had us sit in some other room and watch the guy on the tiny tv, while all the kids were crying all around. Which, we could have fit in the main section, what was that about. Then, in a monotone, they seemed to suck all the love of the sacrifice right out of it, like a vacuum. My dad was so proud and introducing me to everyone as his daughter, when usually when I go over to their house, he totally ignores me, and it was just this whole show to tell me that if I come back, look what I could have, I was mentally drained, for sure! I did enjoy going to Denny's after, though, that was always the best part about going to the meetings and stuff, going to Denny's after!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit