smiddy

I am definetely "in "with the reach out to her . keep us posted

smiddy

• bigmac
    bigmac

maybe she is reading this!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

rubadubdub - I am so pleased you chose to send your friend an email. It is so worth the risk - because you just don't know. This may open up a door for you not only to reunited as friends but to speak about TTATT. Ag and even if you and her just reunite as friends - that would be awesome. All the best!

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

This just in (sent at 1:30AM)--

"So glad you answered!!! Just read this, I will try and call tomorrow, can't think of any reason why I shouldn't be able to. I had company most of this evening---my daughter and her 3 college age boys. (Do you believe my babies are that big? I remember D (my daughter) helping me baby sit for them when they were toddlers.) I am somewhat shocked you left the JW life, but not totally.There is so much good about it, spoiled by some poor decision makers at every level.I read an article by a religious professor that said in the same way The Watch Tower Society has slowly changed several views over the years, that the blood issue was one that he thought would eventually be changed in some way. He said that what mostly was preventing that was law suits from the relatives of many who died from refusing blood. Who knows. It would be very nice to talk to you, don't know when a good time is for you. I still sleep nearly till the crack of noon, and stay up until 2 or 3 most nights, so afternoons or evenings are best for me. Are you still working with D (my husband)? I will call, if it is not the best time for you, you can just call back, my life is fun and relaxing, but certainly NOT so hectic that I'm too busy to take a call from you."

I want to approach this gently (Steven Hassan method). I don't want to come across as a "mentally diseased apostate". I think I will stick to blood and shunning. It's the "There is so much good about it" comment that tells me she doesn't know TTATT. It's a long road from here to there, and she has to be ready.

Any suggestions are welcome!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

My BFF was disfellowshipped, and I had to shun her. It was truly the worst feeling ever. I was already disillusioned but not ready to make the break from the cult. About a year later I contacted her (knowing I was being very, very naughty but not giving a crap) and we started getting together every week for a natter session. We both ranted and raved about "men in suits" (elders) and the child sexual abuse nightmare.

A couple of months later I found myself in an untenable marital situation (long story) and needed to leave in a hurry. Thank goodness for my ex-JW BFF. She took me in and helped me get back on my feet. It's a wonderful thing to have an ex-JW BFF. Enjoy!

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

"We both ranted and raved about "men in suits" (elders)"

Cobaltcupcake! My favorite TV show is Suits! In fact, the show's theme song, The Green Back Boogie, by Ima Robot is the ringtone on my iPhone!

So glad you have your ex-jw BFF in your life!

PS Is editing frowned upon? We only get 30 minutes to edit. I notice that some write, "Edited to add. . ." I mostly edit because I have dyslexia, and what looks fine to me at first, second or even third glance, can just be sooo wrong! Close call on a recent post!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Haven't read the other responses, here's mine.

She needs you! You could be outed yes, but a friendship, a real human relationship is more important than a cult. What's the worst thing that can happen if she outs you. You go before a committee you fight your corner.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

The same as with any communication that can be proven to have originated from you, caution is needed. Maybe you could ask how they feel about how they've been treated etc via email/text, but keep expressing doubts/how you feel (and so on) to phone conversations..

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Poor woman. I agree with those who have said you should reach out to her.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

How sad for your friend Rubadub, I'm glad you've responded in love.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit