You can run but you can't escape

by Inisc 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Inisc
    Inisc

Just thought I'd share,

I got a phone call from my dad and he tells me an elder acquaintance of his called him up. My pulse quickens somewhat,

this elder is from the congregation that would be the one I go to if I still went to meetings.

Anyway me and mrs Inisc have only been to one meeting there 3years ago and have missed the last 2 memorials.

And the elder said to my dad to ask me if I want seats saved and do I want him to wait outside the hall to greet us as we come in if that makes us more comfortable. Wasn't too sure how to answer that but I said that was kind of him to think of us.

Yikes, I guess that is sort of nice I think but I can't help but feel a bit uncomfortable and umm stalked....

Just when you start thinking your almost out of the woods............ not so much.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Heck! They never let you go. What happens to you when a JW is FOREVER! Love the way they didn't actually talk to you, but went through your dad. Are they men or mice?

• mP
    mP

A good trick is to get some fish and throw it on the roof. Fish gets rotten quick and make a nice stink.

Some nutters might think its a sign of Jesus after all the apostles were fisherman right ?

• Inisc
    Inisc

" Love the way they didn't actually talk to you, but went through your dad. Are they men or mice? "

Lol I know and the funny thing is he did have my number as I did some work for him a couple years ago, unless he lost it? I don't know.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Sounds like you have been out for awhile. Just say thanks, but no thanks. Heavy emphasis on the NO.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Imagine the elder waiting eagerly at the door to the very last moment. You can feel guilty or laugh your head off.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

JO: "Are they men or mice?"

Actually, dubs are a hybrid species: 5% human, 95% ass (and that's an insult to all honest donkeys everywhere).

Inisc, it's a game of chance when it comes to dub harassment. Some get hounded constantly. Some, like me, have not heard a word from them since I faded more than 30 years ago.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Like the Hotel California,....you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

A good thing to do is to name the inappropriate behavior: "jesus, dad, what are they? Stalkers?"

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Awwww...their intentions are pure. They don't want you to be murdered by Jehovah and Jesus when they kill everyone in China, India, and the Arabic world, plus all of Christendom when the end comes soon. And by soon I mean 1975, I mean before the generation that saw 1914 passes away. Erm, I mean before the generation that saw 1914 plus the generation that overlaps the generation that saw 1914 passes away...Aw, hell, they just want you back in their cult....

Its the last gasp effort. No doubt your dad loves you. If you really want to have some fun, go. Ask for seats right up front. Nibble the crackers, sip the wine, so everyone can see.

They probably won't invite you back next year!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit