Reason

by dissonance_resolved 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Keep in mind that the whole exiting system is designed to cut you off from communication from the congregation. If you DA, the announcement would be the same as if you DF'd. You will "No longer be one of the Jehovah's Witnesses." No-one will know your reasons. Some have suggested you could send a letter to everyone that matters to you before you exit.

The awakening experience is an amazing phenomenon. For some, a single doubt works it's way in, leading to more questions. The whole belief system falls like a house of cards. The trick is, how do you grab the attention of a Witness in the first place? For each awakened person, it is a different issue. Steve Hassan suggests asking a single question and let them stew over it. The goal is to help the person think.

• thomasaquinas
    thomasaquinas

You are to be praised for your inner strength needed in order to accomplish this feat. It was the hardest thing I ever have done for sure. One writer suggested that " it was only by divine intervention that a person leaves JWs for the doctrinal and historical failings of the Org. But, I think it goes beyond these parameters. Mental health is a prime reason for many and this is a fundamental element to self preservation. Which ever reason it was for you? Enjoy your life and continue seeking truth.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FADE FADE FADE

DF & DA are WTS rules. They are primarily designed to keep other JWs from talking to you. You might contaminate them.

DON'T play by their rules. FADE. Some will still avoid most association with you, but your family certain will not be under pressure to do so in the same way they would if you DA. Thus, it may well keep some "doors open" for communication.

Still, DO NOT blab everything you have learned concerning TTATT. Speaking to the wrong persons about your doubts/discoveries could easily lead to a Judicial Meeting for apostacy and result in DFing. Be cautious. Even with your parents who may feel an obligation to "turn you in".

Instead, just be stumbled by someone or something. Wait on Jehovah to correct it. But "wait" on Jehovah as a distressed, discouraged, depressed, "inactive" JW. Say all the right things. Claim to have all the right intentions. But don't go. Don't do it.

You'll know you have won "on the inside" even if you fake it on the outside.

Doc

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

But should I leave with a blaze or a fizzle?

Everyone has to answer this for themselves. As for me? I took a long slow fade. That took patience and times when I felt a hypocrite for still doing what I no longer believed. But, that was years ago now and I still have a wife and family and my home. There have have been instances on here when others have lost all, due to leaving quickly and openly. Their honesty cost them dear.

Whatever is best for you, we wish you well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit