Stafford's Book Is Shipping

by ros 12 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

I was under the strong impression that the WTBTS had said that then need no man to defend them - they stand behind their teachings. Btw, I don't think they meant to imply that they're hiding behind their teachings (which one might infer.....)

This was concerning websites which had sprung up defending & explaining the WTBTS writings.

Does the WTBTS support Stafford & his efforts publicly.....or just during the CO's visits - never in writing.

waiting

• ros
    ros

F2J wrote:

Why are you promoting his book? The purpose of his books is to defend the Watchtower Society.

So is the Watchtower. But I sometimes recommend certain articles in the Watchtower for reading. I also sometimes quote JWs. What could be more convincing about what they believe than what they themselves say about it? Much more reliable than something written by, say, an angered "apostate" wouldn't you say?

By so doing he helps keep people in slavery. Slavery to an organization which has destroyed the lives of millions and taken the lives of thousands who have died following its ridiculous blood policies.
    Have you read his books?

No doubt some of those who become convinced to stay in the Watchtower due to what they read in Greg's books will die in this way as a result of their deciding to stay JWs.
    As a matter of fact, I do doubt it. Most JWs have never heard of him.

I believe their blood will be on Greg's hands, and on yours for promoting his books.
    I don't.
    ==================
    To amccullough and Farkel: You're welcome.

To waiting: Stafford is not writing by permission from the Society.
    From what I hear, this latest book contains some rather "independent thinking". But I haven't read it yet.

Ros
    "A religion that teaches lies cannot be true"--The Watchtower, 12/1/91 pg. 7

• Farkel
    Farkel

Fred Hall,

: Like you, many people destroyed their own lives

Unlike you, many people actually had lives worth destroying. You cannot destroy that which does not exist, Fred Hall.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit