Field service is personal ministry

by Dismissing servant 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It

Amazing that JW's still have the nerve to call this cult the truth. Nothing more than a man-made religion who's niche is religious organization & adherence to legalism. The whole scam is now controlled by a a shifty "legal dept" trying to stay one step ahead of the law. "New light" doesn't come from any God, it comes straight from WTS lawyers.

P.S. Did I mention it was a cult?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Yes, it has to do with legal liability. The org takes no responability if something happens to JW's when in field cirkus.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

** km 2/89 p. 3 Our Identification as Jehovah's Witnesses ***
    As ministers of the good news, we are known publicly as Jehovah's Witnesses. Our voluntary participation in the field service is motivated by love of God and neighbor. It is not carried on at the insistence of any man or organization but is according to our God-given commission to preach the "good news" and make disciples. (Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20) Therefore, publishers do well to avoid representing themselves as agents or representatives of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., or any other corporation used by "the faithful and discreet slave" to advance Kingdom interests.-Matt. 24:45-47.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

There are some times I wish I can go back and use their own words against them. Since field service is not carried on the insistence of any man or organisation, I would have stopped turning in time and said that this was my personal ministry, and my time was turned in to Jehovah. If they wanted the numbers, they could check in with Him, since they are the FDS class and get direction from Him. Certainly Jehovah wouldn't mind handing over the numbers in order for them to plan on how much literature to distribute and where?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

This had an important role in the Steven Unthank case in Australia. Related to paedophilia and eorking with children.

"Unlike many religious organisations, congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses do not sponsor any activities that separate, or isolate, children from their parents. For example, we do not organise Sunday Schools, camps, excursions, religious instructions at schools, or any other activities for children.

"Nevertheless, an adult publisher may, as part of their own personal ministry, have regular contact with a minor, that is a person under 18 years of age who is not a family member, such as when conducting a regular Bible study. Such Bible study activity is part of a publisher's personal ministry "... I'll read that again, again ... Such Bible study activity is part of a perp ... publisher's personal ministry and the publisher is not a representative of the Borg ... (whistle) ... Sorry, I'll start that sentence again. "Such Bible study activity is part of a publisher's personal ministry and the publisher is not a representative or a volunteer of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia."

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

A few years ago, a young pioneer in my congregation bought a number of Bibles on sale at a Christian book store and placed them with calls that preferred a Bible other than NWT ... he asked the CO if he should include them in the books section of his Field Service Report and/or if he should make a special notation ... CO asked, "are they published by the Society?" .... Pioneer "No." ... CO "there's your answer, why would you include that in your report?" ... he also got reasoned with about why he shouldn't do that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit