Why does my family still interact with me?

by stillstuckcruz 27 Replies latest jw friends

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Here was my story posted originally about 2 years ago.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/205854/1/As-a-witness-what-view-of-the-world-did-you-have-Heres-my-story

And my extended story on jwrecovery:

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11416

Anyways, since then, I have told my parents I no longer want to be one of JW's. There was the expected tears and exsessive chats trying to get me to reconsider bla bla bla. I gave them my reasoning(beliefs, etc). I have since moved out into a place about 40 minutes from them. My entire known family(with the exception of one uncle) are ALL Jw's. I was spoken to by the elders only a couple of times. But that was before I even told my parents I wasn't doing it anymore. I was never disfellowshipped or anything...simply moved out and that was it(with some obvious nonsense in between).

But what I don't really understand is what has happened since then....or rather what HASN'T happened. (It's been over 3 months since I moved and at least 6 or 7 months since I've attended any meetings). When I left, I expected that they would slowly stop speaking to me. Or maybe I'd be secretly disfellowshipped or something. I mean, it's not like they don't know my position. They found out I was gay shortly after I stopped attending meetings. They know I went to a birthday party and associated with a disfellowshipped person(I guess nothing THAT serious but still....) My parents still contact me and we talk quite a bit. I had dinner with them last week and I visit on occasion. And they genuinely don't treat me any different. I still have a great relationship with them AND my grandparents who are also Jdubs. No one from the hall has said a word to me. NO ONE, not a single elder since BEFORE I was attending meetings! I found that strange considering the nightmares others had. Is this normal? Or is it still a matter of time? Are they waiting for me to make known a "disfellowshipping-worthy offense? Or am I simply in the "inactive" category? thoughts?

• tiki
    tiki

i hope that it is simply that they love you and accept you for who you are. if it really is bothering you, you could open the conversation by expressing to them that you really appreciate your relationship with them and their interaction with you.......

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Maybe you are considered inactive.

Is your father an elder? In that case you are in a better position for not being DF'd/shunned.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

You are on the wrong board, I don't believe your story.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

@tiki: I'm leaving it be for know. I like the saying "if it aint broke don't fix it"

@Dismissing: Yes my dad is a prominent elder in the cong. That's possibly a contributing factor...

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

@roberta: I'm curious as to why you don't believe it?

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Because you are "inactive" and announced you are gay. I believe you are a troll

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

It is not sure that the congregation knows he is gay. Maybe just his own family. If his father is a prominent elder, the other elders are not likely to interfere.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I think some families are just not as hard core as others, and that goes for congregations as well. They understand more about the love Jesus spoke of than some others. This is just my opinion, but I think some congregations perhaps really don't follow everything the wt says hook, line and sinker. I agree, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

@Roberta: And what's your point? that combination not possible or something? I'm pretty sure my family simply hasn't told anyone im gay. Not the highlight of any JW conversation by my guess. If you read my past posts, I'm pretty sure it should be obvious I'm not a troll. But if you don't believe me, I'm not wasting my time trying to convince you...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit