NEW NWT'S Distributed at 2013 Conventions?

by TheSnarkyApologist 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sd-7
    sd-7

Nah, that would be too brazen of them. I can't see a reason for them to do a new Bible at this point. I think this same rumor was being batted around last year. Given the theme of the convention, I can see a bit more credence being lended to it this year, but...I really don't expect that to happen.

In my opinion it's way too early in the game, in mid-March, to be speculating about new releases. I guess I'll have to wait until mid-July, when I shall have to attend the convention...in person...

--sd-7

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

perhaps it will be released online only and all the dubs can spend $200 at the local print shop...

cost da corporation nuthin'

oz

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

lol maybe it'll just be a Simplified NWT...like they already have done with the WT mags

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Why can't they just send us the cut outs to "paste" into the older bibles like we did in the Revelation book?

Times were tougher back then I guess,..

NJY

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have it on good authority that the NewNWT has taken out every reference to following Jesus and replaced it with "follow" "obey" "listen to" etc the .............

wait for it................. Governing Body !!!

They know that no such references can be found in any extant manuscripts, but they must have been removed by those nasty apostate scribes in the 2nd and 3rd Centuries, just like the name jehovah was removed 237 times.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

How could they come out with a new NWT without Freddy? Or could Freddy help them from afar?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The writing dept has been on the downturn since Freddy left. No one seems to spin it like he did.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I hear they have defined the brackets [] as the sign of an appostate. So, no more [brackets] as an act of cleansing the old new world translation of all apostacy.

• jgnat
    jgnat

What if they created a study version with comments on keytext (Matthew 24:45) and a section for recommended verses and comments for family study night?

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

According to Ray Franz the NWT translating committee was made up of Freddy Franz, Nathan Knorr, Albert Schoeder, and George Gangas (Crisis of Conscience, page 50). Since nobody on the NWT translating committee is alive today explains why there haven't been any 21st Century revisions to the JW Bible. The English language is a living language so words and meanings change. But a look at the NWT reveals that it was written in a form of English more common to the late 19th and early 20th Century. Therefore, a revised NWT is definitely needed, but probably won't happen.

Unless the GB has employed a medium to channel the NWT committee members from the great beyond, it's doubtful that a revised NWT is in the works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit