"Pray Anytime" - The Watchtower has a hit!

by donuthole 14 Replies latest jw friends

• donuthole
    donuthole

I was browsing YouTube and it was interesting to see lots of JW covering the new Caleb/Sophia song "Pray Anytime". They need to add this to the songbook. Here is one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CniNE6nWGSk

• cedars
    cedars

Wow, and they call US mentally diseased!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CniNE6nWGSk

Cedars

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I have just been a little bit sick in my mouth. I was so much happier before I knew about this fad.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

That was sick as hell. And Gods name is not Jehovah its Yahweh.

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Pray to the LORD GOD

Don't pronounce his name"

--Thus declares Christendom,

Of Him ashamed.

The name of Jehovah

We'll use when we pray

At Armageddon

The wicked he'll slay.

Pray to Jehovah

While on the school bus

And at lunchtime

In caf-e-ter-i-as.

Your sandwich is still there,

So open your eyes.

He who does steal it

Will be one who dies.

Pray to Jehovah

In Fam'ly Worship.

For all temptation

You'll be well-equipped!

Thus in our worship

May we take great pride

Knowing Jehovah's

Name is sanctified!

--sd-7

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

i tried to help her out.... poor, deluded, socially awkward (im guessing) young lady. Props to Cedars and Anthony for being sweet to her. I feel I may have been a LITTLE sarcastic....

• finally awake
    finally awake

LOL SD-7, can you post a video of yourself singing that version? Or you know, just email me a sound clip so I can make it my ringtone? I think it would go perfectly with Cedar's Sparlock song, which Just Ron uses as my special ringtone.

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

As a little girl I LOVED singing the original "pray to jehovah each day" song. I just loved singing.

SD-7 i love your version. When I get the hang of youtube, i might have to upload a sound clip singing it. Without a bird on my shoulder. And I'll blow my nose first....

• dazed but not confused
  • scotoma
    scotoma

I'm going to step in here at this point because so many on this board are afraid of offending other posters.

How insensitive! Why are you ridiculing a childs faith? I have a sense of humor, but the remarks of Cedar are a subtle type of bullying.

How would you like to be that girls mother. How would she explain Cedar's comment if for some reason someone showed these posts to the girl.

"And they call us mentally diseased"! What is the insinuation here Cedar? The little girl is mentally diseased? Is that what you were suggesting?

How many children do you have Cedar? What's so strange about a kid singing a praise song. Is it any stranger than adults singing songs to their Sky Father. Or are you sensing as one of the posters suggested "social awkwardness".

Yeah let's poke fun at the socially awkward like all the bullys.

Cedar, I'm wondering about your sincerity in helping the downtrodden. It seems you have an ornery disposition and you simply have found a convenient vehicle to vent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit