Satan's Dirty Deed in 1914

by Yadirf 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Satan’s Dirty Deed in 1914

The poster bjc2012 got me a little perturbed, not much, but a “little”. He wrote:

And Yadirf also added doubt to the accuracy of the date, suggesting the JW Organization had been "tricked by Satan" into mistakenly claiming the date. (Please compare his comments below.)

Here's the truth about 1914. http://4heavens.homestead.com/9.html
    Look primarily at the purple document at the bottom.
    I'm the author. Yadirf
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24763&site=3&page=2
    No, I didn’t say any such thing! You’re implying that I said that Satan tricked Russell into believing in the 1914 date. You couldn’t be more mistaken. What I DID say is that Satan made sure that the Society CONTINUED to believe in that date, by the use of trickery. Satan caused WWI.

If indeed the year 1914 had come and gone uneventfully the WTS would have had no reason not to abandon the date altogether. I see very clearly that the first world war coming as it did in that very year was all that was needed to KEEP the WTS locked onto 1914. And it still does to this very day, 87 years in the passing. Because I know that the WTS represents true worship in the earth, while at the same time knowing that the events of 1914 (to date) have NOT fulfilled Bible prophecy, I can SEE that it was no coincidence that WWI came precisely the year that Russell had pointed to as being the end of the Gentile Times. Yes Satan himself caused that war so as to interfere with the advancement of true worship, and he has succeeded by providing the WTS with a seemingly good reason to think that the 1914 date was significant AFTERALL. The chances of a world war happening the very same year which Russell had for so long pointed to is next to impossible.

There’s nobody on the face of the entire earth that would prefer more than I that WWI had indeed started off the fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy of Matthew 24:7. But I know better, and because I do it (regrettably) stands in the way of me, my wife, and older son associating with our brothers at the Kingdom Hall. And that’s a serious matter. Although mine and the Society’s opponent, it’s actually true what bjc2012 says (it’s rare, but occasionally apostates do tell the truth):

Most who are familiar with JWs, know of the WTS' incessant emphasis and importance attached to the 1914 teaching in their publications. – bjc2012
    Does not that make it ever so clear that “the 1914 teaching” is a MAJOR doctrine? Yes, it certainly does. With there being no truth to the idea that Jesus’ prophecy of Matthew 24:7 has undergone fulfillment, it doesn’t make things easy for me and my family when it comes to attending meetings, participating in the field ministry, etc. I really don’t believe it’s necessary that I further explain my being an inactive JW, as I think the reason why must be plainly obvious.

But I stress that the WTS is indeed the restoration of true worship, and it therefore is the grandest thing that has happened in this day and time. It’s a fact that true worship is Satan’s worst enemy, and of course out of all people Satan himself has the ability to recognize genuinely true worship when he sees it. Is that not the only reason that Job caught his eye? The fact that Job was a genuine worshiper of Jehovah caused Satan GREAT ALARM. Likewise, today, genuine worship gets Satan’s attention and he knows that he can’t afford to let it thrive. If it thrives the remainder of the 144,000, those whom are to rule with Christ, will be found and brought into the fold. Satan can’t afford to allow THAT to happen. If it does happen, AND IT WILL, then he knows that he’s lost the battle for sure.

Yes, in my mind, Satan done a Dirty Deed in 1914 - - and he did it for no other reason than to fool the WTS in order to maintain their wrong course regarding the expectations centering on 1914. Will it ever dawn on the Society that Satan caught us off guard, and tricked us. Yes, it will, according to Daniel 11:35.

You people here really don’t know the seriousness of the day that you’re living in. When the “refining” of which Daniel spoke is finished, then the real “time of the end” will get underway. Then, with Satan confined to earth’s vicinity, he will once again cause the nations to go to war. THAT war will be so intense that the entire system will collapse. Anyone be interested in knowing what the “tribulation” of which Jesus spoke at Matthew 24:21 really is? You just heard it described. Yes, the tribulation Jesus foretold here has no reference to Armageddon. The result of the tribulation is the collapse of man’s system. Yet the wild beast is foretold to revive from its “death-stroke”. That, according to the Scriptures, is to be followed by the “eighth” and final king. During the short life of the 8th king Armageddon will strike - - which is all possible in most of your life times. Will you survive Armageddon? Not if you cave in and accept the “mark” which the 8th king will demand of you in that day - - which may not be so very far into the future.

You say, “Good story, but not true! I say, I’d bet my life on it being true!

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Have you ever read 1984?

Do you believe in the ineffable?

What is your favourate colour?

• Francois
    Francois

"I can SEE that it was no coincidence that WWI came precisely the year that Russell had pointed to as being the end of the Gentile Times." Well, hell, Friday, even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while.

I believe you forget Deut. 18:20-22. Prophets of Jehovah do NOT get "tricked" by satan. The scripture is clear in its meaning. If that which the prophet says will happen doesn't happen, then he's not a prophet. The scripture doesn't say "unless the prophet is tricked by satan; or the prophet is having a bad day; or the prophet makes a 'natural enough mistake'; or any other sort of dodge.

But your mindless alliegence to this high-control real estate and publishing cult masquarading as a religion is a continuous source of amusement. And not only that, you provide a very important service; you illustrate what can happen to even intelligent people when they allow their minds to slam shut.

Anything can be rationalized, as we see from your fanciful musings. To further illustrate how anything can be rationalized, I call attention to the North American Man-Boy Love Association. These men are serious in their assertion that homosexual relations between grown men and adolescent boys is or should be legal, moral, and ethical. People fool themselves all the time. But that don't make it so.

Get a grip on yourself.

Francois

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    Anything can be rationalized, as we see from your fanciful musings.

Of course you've never thought of considering how that might be true in the case of how the apostate views matters, have you?

• JT
    JT

Friday says:

Because I know that the WTS represents true worship in the earth, while at the same time knowing that the events of 1914 (to date) have NOT fulfilled Bible prophecy,

*********you got to love a guy who makes such a contridictory comment**

it would be the same as a catholic saying:

"Because I know that the Catholic church represents true worship in the earth, while at the same time knowing that the "POPE" does NOT fulfilled Bible prophecy"

i keep tell you folks - we could not make up stuff this good

james

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

I don't normally get involved in the doctrinal debates since I was never a JW myself but this one was just too funny:

Yadrif writes:
    "What I DID say is that Satan made sure that the Society CONTINUED to believe in that date,"

That's hysterical. It sounds like Yadrif is saying that Satan has a greater control over the organization than God does. Ohhhhh, wait a minute.... LOL!

Silverleaf

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Little early for you to be a drinkin', isn't it James?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Caithlin? What kind of a forename is that?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Aha, the usual ploy of "if losing, start a flame war and slide out of sight from the wreckage".
    Come on Friday, you can do better than that!

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Keep tryin', Little Toe, and some day you might grow into a big toe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit