If there is a God . . .

by zed is dead 74 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Tec - Everyone else - we are all entitled to believe what we will. Tec's experience with god / christ proves to her that he exists and that he is all that she believes him to be - respect that as her experience. Personally I do not believe in a god, I do not put my belief in a man that existed 2000 years ago and knows nothing of me - my experiences in life have lead me to that conclusion - and I would like people to respect that.

That's it for me...play nice every body.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

God hasn't done anything or revealed anything in 2000 years.

Why does God allow wickedness or suffering has the lamest answers, such as universal sovereignty.

If a human saw something bad happen to another human or animal, and had the power to help, humans would do it. No thought of government or sovereignty. But God doesn't help people in need.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Let's just talk about God's justice (making the gross assumption that he does exist, and that supposedly he cares about individuals).

Case in point, the righteous man Lot. He offered his daughters to the horny crowd to protect the angels, who should have been able to protect their own cornholes. Did God approve of this? He must not have gave two shits about Lot's daughters!

Then God gets pissed at Lot's wife for just looking back at the city being destroyed? And in his compassion, he turns her to a pillar of salt? What a great guy God is!

Now since Lot was such a wonderful guy, it was okay for him to get drunk and knock up both his daughters? The old fart probably couldn't get it up twice on the same night! And what are the odd's of the old geezer hitting paydirt with both of them on that night? I think he was just gettin' some from the daughters because the old battleax was a salt pillar now, because she was sooooo terrible. And we are not even guessing how old the daughters were. Maybe a little pedophilia mixed in.

So Lot is righteous, and his wife was evil. In my opinion, both God and Lot are douches.

zed

• donny
    donny

What I see in this and similar other earlier threads is that people will look at a current situation and find a way to fit God in it as if he had a hand in what happened or is currently happening. Since leaving the Society 20 years ago, everything I have experienced can be laid at the fott of random chance.

Sometimes good things happen and sometimes bad things happen. Sometimes those things occured as a direct or indirect result of your own actions and sometimes it just happens.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Zed - Lot was a twat of the lowest order like King David.

There should be a thread with a list of douche bag bibble characters. I might just make one.....then again I might not.....I'm acting as god would now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit