How God treated his own prophets

by Dismissing servant 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Twitch
    Twitch

I'm going with Ancient Policies and Procedures for a Moral Life for $1000, Alex...

• Lore
    Lore
    Or maybe such things were needed to get the attention of the people and make them think about how truly disgusting their actions had become, to warrant such action on behalf of the prophet.

Nope.

If I see some half-naked guy laying around in a pool of his own fluids screaming about the end of the world, or gods judgement, or the dangers of taco-bell. . . I'd avoid him and ignore him.

God is supposedly capable of all kinds of snazzy magic tricks and signs in the sky. So I'm sure even the most unimaginative marketing team with those resources could come up with a better way of motivating people.

Here's how that meeting would go:

OK Gentlemen, we need to convince 300,000 people who are spread out over 9 major cities to completely change their entire lifestyle.

Bob! What are our resources?

"Well we have 100,000,000 angels, a god with unlimited control over earth, sky and sea with the ability to resurrect people, change the orbit of the planet and control people's thoughts. We also have 1 lone prophet with a wife."

OK, any ideas?

"What if God forced every man woman and child to walk out of their houses in the middle of the night and look up at the sky. Where all the stars will have formed a sign that tells them exactly what to do. Meanwhile 10 angels will stand there in front of every house and yell the instructions out while they are reading it. And then everyone who follows the instructions will glow a beautiful color and never get sick. And everyone who stops following the instructions will smell bad, stop glowing and become ill until they change."

Bah, That'll never work. It's too subtle. We need something that will really motivate people!

"Well if we can dispose of the wife, we could station the prophet outside one of the cities where he can lay around and tell individual people that they need to change"

Well, that's all I can think of. Better get started.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit