Chat with an ex-bethelite in good standing

by raymond frantz 13 Replies latest jw friends

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I had the following conversation with a brother ex-bethelite ,left in good standing to start a family and currently a PO in his congragation .He regularly gives talks in district and circuit assemblies .We go way back so he tollerates my comments but he is a die hard .We had the following conversation recently

Me:" Have you heard about the new light for the FDS? What to you think?"

Elder:"...is that something you read in an apostate website?"

Me:" No, it is on jw.org the new light about the FDS that came out in their last annual meeting that the FDS are now only the 9 brothers in the Head Quarters "

Elder:"...not only that ,they are the FDS only when the get together as a committee .Do be frank with you I agree with this .There are so many new partakers of the emblems (anointed ) that send letters out to the headquarters telling them about doctrines and policies they don't agree with .They need to bring them down a peg or too."

Me:"Isn't that wrong? If you had a government of 12000 members and 9 decided one day to takr over without consulting the rest or receiving a mandate ,what would you call that ? A coup d'état "

Elder:"Let me ask you .Did the 12000 ever had a saying in the decision making of the organisation ?What is your problem now?"

Me:"...and that makes alright ? Do you know why they came up with this new doctrine ?"

Elder:" ...you told me before I think ,it was because of this pedophilia case in Australia ,they want to escape the blame so they have to say that they are a theological arrangement .So what ? They do everything they can to protect the organisation .If they have to hide they have to hide"

Me:" Since when court cases dectate doctrine? Did Paul or Jesus hide to avoid responsibility for their claims? I told you before to have your eyes open .The antichrist is the one that puts himself above Christ and make himself a god..."

Elder :" ...that is to deep I can't accept that (put the phone down)"

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Active JWs don't like it when you imply that their leaders are the anti-Christ.

• tiki
    tiki

wow - looks like you nailed that one.....................end of conversation.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

How about this: "If this New Light about the identify of the FDS, then that means the WT Leadership has been wrong in their understanding of their own prophetic identity for the last 93 years! If it was right before, then it is most certainly wrong to change it."

Either way .... [wait for it] ... they're wrong!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's so damn nuts and most JWs don't even notice the change. One friend of mine who's been in for 40 years said, "The FDS has always been the GB. It was never all the anointed."

I found the passage in my old study Bible from the late 90s, and I have underlined at Matt 24:45 where it says 'fds' and written in the margins "GB", for 'domestics' I've got 'other anointed', and for all belongings I've got 'great crowd'. And this was in the 90s- did the lady who studied with me have the new light over a decade before the GB did?

• smiddy
    smiddy

It's so damn nuts and most JWs don't even notice the change. One friend of mine who's been in for 40 years said, "The FDS has always been the GB. It was never all the anointed."...... Shouldnt that read : The GB has always been the FDS . It was never all the annointed ?

Whatever ! So the rest of the annointed can rule with christ for a thousand years ,after their dead ,yet while alive on earth they have no say in instructing the congregations ? Only a jehovahs witness could accept that reasoning .

smiddy

• man oh man
    man oh man

Well that elder is remembering what you said previously, so he must be thinking on it more than he is letting on! Maybe someday the light will come on for him, or should I say the alarm clock.

• Mum
    Mum

JW's must be the only "Christians" who defend not accepting responsibility for their actions. They didn't defend the Catholic Church over the same issue, did they?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T
    They need to bring them down a peg or too."

Ya GOD's choosen ones whom will rule in heven with him need to be taken down a peg or two.. what the hell, it's not like they have a heavenly calling.. further proof JW's don't actually beleive their own BS..

good one RF

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** it was because of this pedophilia case in Australia ,they want to escape the blame so they have to say that they are a theological arrangement .So what ? They do everything they can to protect the organisation .If they have to hide they have to hide"****

Good job Ray, you have exposed the motive for the "noo *ight" !

To the r&f they must obey them as FDS, but for litigation they are only "FDS in a theological arrangement" and so don't accept any liability for their policies..... The FDS who IS, who WAS, and who is to COME !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit