Heartbraek

by VeniceIT 39 Replies latest jw friends

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Venice - hugs to you and your folks. They deserve better.
    Remember meeting your sis's in-laws. She's got a difficult family to break out of, so am wondering if her hubbie is pulling a lot of the strings. You and your folks are better people for persisting in showing love. I know how this really tears up your folks. Am so sorry nice people like you have to put up with rejection. Wish I could make it all better!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

((((((((((((Venice)))))))))))))))) I don't know why, but I always conect songs with certian situations. When I read your post, this is the first song that came to mind.

I Will Remember You

(by Sarah McLachlan, Seamus Egan, and Dave Merenda)

I will remember you
    Will you remember me?
    Don't let your life pass you by
    Weep not for the memories

Remember the good times that we had?
    I let them slip away from us when things got bad
    How clearly I first saw you smilin' in the sun
    Wanna feel your warmth upon me, I wanna be the one

I will remember you
    Will you remember me?

I'm so tired but I can't sleep
    Standin' on the edge of something much too deep
    It's funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word
    We are screaming inside, but we can't be heard

But I will remember you
    Will you remember me?

I'm so afraid to love you, but more afraid to loose
    Clinging to a past that doesn't let me choose
    Once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
    You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light

And I will remember you
    Will you remember me?

And I will remember you
    Will you remember me?

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

These kind of things really suck. A misunderstanding created by a religion (cult) is really to blame. Your sister is probably just as sad as you in many respects because she feels she has lost her family.

She is really just acting like a mother, protecting her child from what she has been led to believe is a harmful and destructive influence.

On the bright side, it is very unlikely that when your sister's child grows up that she will choose to remain a Witness. Eventually some day you will all meet up again.

As was mentioned, it is good to save these gifts. They represent hope that one day things will be fine and will show your niece that you loved her all along.

JW parents say alot of mean and untrue things about other family members who are not Witnesses. Eventually when you grow up you tend to question instead of just accepting everything.

I hope things work themselves out. Unfortunately these things often take many years- many years that we cannot get back. I find I just have to balance hope and love for them with reality and the need to move on. When they are ready, they will find you.

Path

PS... I see your spelling has gotten better..LOL ("Heartbraek")

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

((((Venice)))) Maybe she will wise up in time, or at least I hope... Please don't have a grudge against her, not her fault.

Kisses,
    Moe

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Ven,

sometimes it helps to remember my own family members and a very close friend that I shunned when I was still a believer in the Watchtower.
    Hopefully, your sister will have a breakthrough.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Damn dirty apes! - Charlton Heston.

(((((hugs))))) I still love you.

Slipnslidemaster:"Every man dies, not every man really lives.
    -William Wallace

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• mouthy
    mouthy

So Sorry Ven. Dont give up hope though.I did this to my parents also.
    They were not JWs. My Mother sent a cross - I sent it back.Then she sent a church on a gold chain-I sent it back.( she was in Eng:I am in Canada)But before she died I was able to visit her & tell her sorry I was for being under mind control .She read Crisies Of Conscience ,
    & forgave me.Keep the doll -Someday you will be able to show her what she missed. ((((((Hugs)))))

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Ven, I'm so sorry that this has happened. The relationship between grandparents and grandchildren is a very special one. I hope that your sister rethinks her position before it's too late. ****HUGS****

• 2SYN
    2SYN

ApostoFilled? HMMMM....sounds kinky Good luck with the family, these situations are always very trying.

[SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa - For Great Justice!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I AGREE with nativenyr23. And I've told you guys this too.

Suggest to your Dad that he read the book Dave gave him. It is by Phil McGraw..........Oprah's guy........psychologist. They are giving your sister a "payoff", that she doesn't deserve..............Phil's words. If they stop paying off, MAYBE then, she will come around. As long as they keep the communication going, she is getting this huge "payoff". (I know this sounds like disfellowshipping in reverse, but I still think she is getting a lot of attention where she is, because of being the 'loyal' one in your family) Maybe her husband finally made elder, and there is nothing worse, in my opinion, than a new elder's wife. They think they have to be THE example to the other elder's wives.

Did you consider that maybe she is retaliating because of the interview your Dad gave on Oregon TV?? She must have heard about it.

Send me the doll. I'll ship it to her, and she won't know it's from you.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit