What do you think is the worlds worst movie ever m

by Waygooder64 67 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

i had to ressurect this thread on account of my renting "simpatico" last night. i really really tried to make it to the end, but had to abanddon it after what seemed like 3 hours. i guess ill forever be wondering how it all turned out.

aa

• Valis
    Valis

Battlefield Earth was possibly the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Missed this post the first time around. Thanks for resurrecting it.

I found it really interesting the films some folks hated and loved - frequently the same ones.

"O Brother Where Art Though" - great film, you just had to "get it." Clooney was brilliant, and it did huge stuff for his career. My 22-y-o hipster son thought it was billiant, and watched it several times. His girlfriend LOVES the soundtrack.

Worst film I've seen recently: "Mullholland Drive."
    Any comments on that? I know it was supposed to be great, but I thought it was the most pretentious, self-important film I've seen in years. All the way through I just couldn't get rid of the image of David Lynch sitting behind the scenes going, "oh, see how clever and deep I am," like some silly, clever boy. Even the two gorgeous female leads nude couldn't redeem this film!!

Best film I've seen lately: "Momento." Now, THAT was a brilliant movie. Also "Following."

Also liked Dogma and Zoolander, but I think you just had to get where they were coming from. Agree that "Congo" deserves special mention as a film that totally sucked.
    S4

• Angharad
    Angharad

'Being John Malkovich' - what the hell was that all about?????

(Sorry if its been mentioned before - I've not gone back and re-read the whole thread)

• SYN
    SYN

AHAHAAH! This thread is frikking hilarious! You've all missed out on what has been known for many as the WORST, ABSOLUTE DUMBEST, MOST HORRIFICLY BAAAAAAAD MOVIE OF ALL TIME. I present to you:

THE STORY OF RICKY

THIS IS THE MOTHER OF ALL GORY FU FLICKS! Plainly amazing, we're talking heads punched in half, guys using their intestines (hanging out of their body cavity) to strangle Ricky, people exploding, and internal organs flying all over the place. Ricky arrives in prison after killing a opium dealer, the guy had kidnapped his girlfriend and she ran off the side of a building to get away. (I never said she was intelligent.) The prison is run by a evil Warden (Away on vacation when the film begins.), his assistant, and "The Gang of Four." This gang is a group of powerful fighters who rule the inmates through fear. Now Ricky doesn't take kindly to their ways, fighting and killing Hai in a brutal exchange where Ricky must tie his severed tendons back together.

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/storyofricky/index.html
    BEAT THAT!

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• dubla
    dubla

seeker-

found it really interesting the films some folks hated and loved - frequently the same ones.
    very true indeed, and ill continue the pattern by saying i loved mullholland dr. i enjoy a movie that i have to watch twice, and am still left wondering about the meaning behind it. i can see your point about lynch trying to be too deep, but i really think he created a masterpiece with this one.

memento is along the same lines, though much easier to figure out during the first sitting. absolutely loved this one too.

aa

aa

• 1Xenu
    1Xenu

I though Battlefield Earth was pure genius.

• SYN
    SYN

OH NO, HE'S BACK! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit