Who knows GB Member Gerrit Lösch?

by GermanXJW 34 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

To be a member of the Governing Body, one does not have to necessarily be part of the anointed. They changed that rule some time ago. I believe that about 2/3 of the GB consists of anointed ones and the rest have the earthly hope (all males)...

##########

currently you have to be ANNOINTED TO BE A GB

BUT in the future you can rest assured that will change in some form or concept-

i will run this by you all and you may just want to make a note of this- a few months back it was mentioned to me that the boys are considering how to revamp the FDS dogma

the concept is to keep the annointed at 144,000 still going to heavn, but change the FDS from only anointed to anyone faithful

for many years many "Apoststes" have often mentioned that the text applies to anyone faithful , and if the wt decides to go that right it will fit perfectly

for it allows anyone to provide food to the org who is FAITHFUL

when you consider that the Given Ones have been at bethel or in fulltime service and FAITHFUL for 30-50 yrs how could anyone in the org deny that these bro have not been FAITHFUL

THSI WILL ALLow them to keep the annointd /144,000 dogma and they are still going to heaven dogma, but allow the FDS to be expanded to include longtime faithful nonanointed guys

will this actually take place, don't know, but the person who mentioned this to me has always been reliable,

i thought it was amazing that they would even have such a thing on the table for discussion

but then again wt is one of a kind

just my 2

• Richie
    Richie

As far as I knew from several articles written by the Society, it was brought out that some who were now serving with the GB of JW's, were not necessarily anointed ones. I must admit that it may be confusing who is and who is not, however the article, brought out by Ranchette earlier on this thread, certainly clarified it to a large extent, when it was referring to the ones ASSISTING the GB, but they were not serving on the GB. Then the reports where some members stopped partaking of the emblems made it all the more confusing. For this I have to apologize for getting confused myself, as even I thought that David Splane was not of the anointed, when in fact he is...

Richie :*)

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

JT wrote:

the concept is to keep the annointed at 144,000 still going to heavn, but change the FDS from only anointed to anyone faithful.

Now it proves helpful that they applied the slave and the domestics to one group. This makes it easier to shift it to another group.

• Moxy
    Moxy

it seems like the simplest thing in the world to make this shift. the concept of the FDS being 'represented' by the GB is already so absurd and yet no one seems to think much about it. why would it be so different to say that the FDS appoint some of the nethinim to take care of business on their behalf? find some new bible character who helped an israelite do something, write an article about him and the biblical precedent he sets, name a new class after him and voila. the GB are free to die off and leave the show running in good hands.

mox

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Aguest, I agree that there are no annointed on the GB. However, that really is not relavent to this discussion is it? As of this date it is still the teaching of the WTS that the GB is made up ONLY of annointed men. Alan is correct in pointing out the official teaching of the Society and the understanding held by the R&F. And it sounds to me like you are speaking as though we are all still faithful follwers of the organization when it should be obvious to you by now that most of us have abandoned that cult's teachings and no longer consider it necessary to ask the permission of the GB for what to believe. What we are talking about here is the official position of the WTS and what JW's generally teach as dogma.

It may be true that some GB members do not now claim to be annointed. I don't know. But that does not change the official teaching that all GB memebrs ARE annointed. It seems likely that this position will have to change and that we are witnessing the evolution of their doctrine. However, at it stands now, what you are claiming is not true, from the standpoint of the official teaching disseminated through the WT and their network of representatives. But stay tuned. It may happen yet.

Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit