The door bell rang today

by ABibleStudent 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I'm curious about the comments you post to WTBTS infomercials. Can you explain that? I'm new at this, and want to start planting seeds of doubt, too.

Thanks for any advice.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hopefully there is an afterlife for all the faithful old JW's who were really sincere. It's not their fault. Some were duped from birth to death. I am sure that they were very sincere. That is a sad story.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ Faithful Witness, It is pretty simple. Use Google to search for the words "Jehovah Witnesses" or "Watchtower" in the news and post comments when you can/want. Learned to keep my comments pretty benign by listing reputable websites like www.jwfacts.com and www.freedomofmind.com and try to peak people's curiosity. I try not to debate with JWs and exJWs. If you want to learn more you can read the thread Gone Fishing . . . where you can read other JWN members' opinions about posting comments to JW informercials and replies to my comments to infomercials.

If you want to improve your abilities to help JWs to critically think for themselves, I would recommend learning Steve Hassan's methods, write to Steve Hassan through his website to volunteer to help WTBTS recruits who live near you, and then attend a KH > 15 miles away from you and/or accept an invitation for a WTBTS bible study. One on one conversations with JWs are the best way to improve your abilities to help your JW family.

@ DATA-DOG, I agree with you. Next year if they come by I plan to invite them in for tea/coffee so they do not pass out as many invitations. I do not want to plant seeds of doubt in people over 85, and I do not want them to recruit anyone else into the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

85+ and 75+ year old couple, I'm sorry, I don't care what cult they have been mistakeningly conned into following, I would invite them in and serve them tea or coffee, scons or cookies, and let the couple give their "sermon". Be polite, they are at the end of life, I would hate to live with the thought I had mistreated them in some way.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

It's always a dilemma... give people the "blue pill" when they are that old...

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I'm In the middle of reading the book, "Crisis of Conscience," by Raymond Franz. Interesting, inside information, from a man who did eventually follow his conscience.

I have looked at Steve Hassan's website. I plan to get the book you mentioned, and do my homework. I think I've got this bible study starting this week... And I have attended 2 excruciating meetings this month, unrecognized. I have 2 small children, and am not planning to expose them to that experience ever again. So deoressing!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ JakeM2012 and ILoveTTATT, I agree with you about being polite and not planting seeds of doubt in JWs who would suffer too much emotional pain from learning TTATT versus living a life free from the WTBTS. That is why I would only invite them in for coffe/tea and listen to them so that they would have less time to pass out Memorial invitations.

@ Faithful Witness, I agree with you about decreasing your reverse witnessing efforts if it will adversely affect your children. Although your children are too important to be recruited into the WTBTS, I do feel that teaching them how to critically think for themselves is very important especially considering that you have JW family who may try to indoctrinate them into the WTBTS if given a chance.

Robert

• clarity
    clarity

ABS ..... are you kidding me...........

Girl Guide Cookies are better FROZEN?

Wow ...I'll try that!

Have a lovely day.

clarity

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

This thread has inspired me to invite them in if they ever call on me again. I moved 7 years ago and not a single JW visit since then.

@ Clarity - Frozen Thin Mints are the BEST. I also like frozen M&M's, and other little chocolates. But thin mints are best eaten frozen. Try it, you'll be hooked!

-Aude.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ clarity, Don't take my word about how good Girl Scout thin mints taste frozen versus non-frozen. Try it!! Just be careful that the devil takes control of your will power and eat the whole box in one sitting. LOL

@ AudeSapere, I agree with you. You might try serving forzen thin mints to JWs to cause them more doubts. LOL

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit