For those still "in"... is it just me?

by leaving_quietly 28 Replies latest jw friends

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I'm still "in" and I've noticed an odd trend recently. Conversations with JWs seem to be more JW-ish than ever! In normal conversation, I'll hear: "These Watchtowers are just wonderful! Wonderful gifts from God!" Even those who used to complain are drinking the Kool-Aid like never before. Is it just me? Anyone else noticing this?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I am not sure if it is more common but it is definently harder to listen to. Even when I believed it I hated those that anaylsed every word of the WT and then talked about the what 'society' is trying to tell us. The WT is so sacred to JWs, and when you know TTATT, all the WT analysis and praise just sounds so stupid that it is hard to know if it's becoming more common or just more noticeable. I have thought the same thing though.

The poor JWs are still thinking that any day now the UN will destroy false religion and then the fun can start, so they cling to every word that the GB says.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I think your senses are just a bit more fine tuned since you've awakened to the truth about The Troof. Things that weren't noticeable when you thought all was normal in JW-land, now stand out as cultish in nature.

• clarity
    clarity

I think it is just a reaction to the pathetically thin feel of

the magazines! Have to pump up these weazally thin

things!

>

Sort of like when you rip the wrappings off a dumb xmas present,

and .....oh umh reeaally niiicce, lovvvelllyyy wonderful uuh wonderful!

Oh this is really sumpthin!!! lol

clarity

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When you think about buying a Ford Escape, you start noticing how many are on the road. Same kind of thing when you think about how over the top such talk is, you notice it all the time.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The WT study articles are no longer bible study based anymore, they are the opinion of the GB about JW lifestyle.

Do this, do that, don't do this etc.

Since a few years there is a GB brainwash program going on.

Did you hear a JW saying "It's nice what the apostle Paul said in bla bla bla" ? No, these day's you hear only comments about "We are no part of the world".

It's pure instruction based.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

As long as I can remember, which is back to about 2000 when I came in, they've been saying, "That was the best assembly ever! They keep getting better and better!"

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

These comments and endless variations of them have been spoken in the WT org from it's beginning. You've started to pay attention!

It's all about appearances. If you speak the lingo, it shows others that you're part of the JW club.

Gorbatchov is spot on. Jehovah's Witnesses are no longer students of the Bible or a religious movement exposing the "truth." We've become another worldwide mega-church who's purpose is to recruit others into the JW lifestyle.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Theocratic Sedition nailed it.

It's because we see things far more clearly than before, that worship and adoration of the GB really stands out and makes us sigh & groan over the detestable things being presented as 'inspired truth'!

• QC
    QC

I think it's their new website. It is hypnotic. Critical thinkers can see through it, Kool-Aid drinkers can’t.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit