New May Awake! Am I being unreasonable or does this sound crazy!?

by toweragent 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

It's not really a flip-flop though; you have to read between the lines:

Awake! 84, Jun 8p. 28 - If raped, not guilty of fornication: “For the victim to be considered guilty of fornication, there would need to be proof of willing consent.”

In WT speak, not screaming IS proof of willing consent. Most of those "not guilty" quotes above don't really change their stance, they're just dodging it with their wording.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Cough...fabrication.....cough........

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Splash, you are a veritible treasure chest of WT Flip-flops and contradictions. But it is a deep mine!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Marked

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Toopid cult!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Toopid cult!

• ambersun
    ambersun

WT 68, Jun 1,confirms guiltiness by adding:
    Would it be different if the man had a weapon and threatened to kill youif you did not submit?No,the Scriptures plainly state thatChristians are under obligation to ‘flee from fornication. (1 Cor. 6:18) It is true that you face the possibility of deathin this case.”

Yes, I remember this delightful little WT rule well. My own parents made it very clear that, if attacked, I should scream at the top of my voice even if the rapist had a weapon because it would be better to die and resurrected in the New System than to loose my virginity to someone I was not married to

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This must be one of those cases where the GB must sit on the new understanding for 2 or 3 years before releasing it! If the first resurrection has started, then no wonder the GB are confused, these guys are providing light from beyond the veil!

Don't forget this little tidbit of truth:

WT 12/01/81

" However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah's visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case.This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds. And that goal in view for Jehovah's servants is the "new heavens and a new earth" of God's promise.-2 Pet. 3:13.

• clarity
    clarity

Splash, you are a veritible treasure chest of WT Flip-flops and contradictions. But it is a deep mine!

>

Splash... thanx,

>

Oh yeah, a deep deep mine it is....and when we read about

the watchtower's faulty belief system, we realize what a

cesspool of lies it is!

clarity

• pixel
    pixel

"This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds."

Lol, Watchtower's ship sails away, go back to the port, sails away again, go back to the port, sails...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit