Why is the "Shepherd the Flock of God" book only viewed by Elders?

by I_love_Jeff 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

If the Shephard book contains rules taken from the NWT, then why is one held confidential and the other not viewed as such? If the sheep are not allowed to view the Elders manual then they should not be allowed to view/read the NWT.

"The following page shows an excerpt from one of the official letter that was sent to the elders regarding the importance of keeping this book confidential:
    (Note: The "Kingdom Ministry School" referred to in the letter is a training program for Elders and Ministerial Servants; the 1991 Kingdom Ministry textbook referred to is the previous version that the"Shepherd the Flock of God" book replaces)"
    "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses August 23, 2010"
    "We will leave to each elder to decide what he will do with his 1991 Kingdom Ministry School textbook. If he decides to keep the book, he must make sure it is put in a secure place so that others do not have access to it. Otherwise, the book should be completely destroyed.
    We would like to emphasize the importance of keeping these new textbooks secured and confidential, both before and after they are distributed. The textbooks should not be left on tops of desks or in other places where they are easily accessible by family members or other individuals. The information is designed for use by the elders only, and other individuals should not have any opportunity to read the information."

• FatFreek 2005
  • FatFreek 2005
  • Big Mama
    Big Mama

I have offered this before under the topic "Bible Research and Study Articles" on pg 704 of this forum, and I will happily offer it again: If you would like the entire book "Shepherding the Flock of God in your Care" (the 'secret' elders manual) send a PM to me at this site......you must include your personal email address so that I can forward the enitre pdf file to you there. I was quite gratified at the response I had previously, and hope it might be similar this time. Sincerely, Big Mama

• mP
    mP

STFOG must be bible based, so the question is why is it a secret to know these scriptures ?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Your creeping me out - I left 20 years ago and this is just getting weirder and weirder - I think whoever has a copy should post it here for all to see.

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Yes mP that is correct. Sorry for creeping you out villagegirl

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Village girl, posting a copy here would get the site in trouble, breach of Copyright Law. Big Mamas offer will not.

mP, the clue is in the weasel words "Bible based".

This is a licence to make up any rules and regulations you like, you can then find a scripture that fits, especially by "extending the principle" found in the scripture, if you can't be bothered to do this for all rules, just slip in a scripture that vaguely mentions the subject in hand. It doesn't matter if it is an O.T scripture with only a very oblique connection to the subject, it'll do.

"Bible based" has never meant to the WT what it would mean to the rest of the world reading those words, to the WT it does not mean based on what the Bible actually says, but, to them it means "we can find a scripture that seems to fit most times, if we can be arsed".

The reason they do not want this huge Talmudic Torah of Rules and regulations to fall in to the hands of the R&F is that rules and regs. are "there to be broken" and the ShephErd (big E for those who will put an A in there for some reason,think sheep and herd)., the shepherd book shows exactly what people can get away with and how.

If only the WT had been prepared to learn from Jesus and his simple Golden Rule they could have saved an Amazon Basin full of trees, but the problem is that their Nazi Gestapo like Elders need guidance on every matter as they have had their brains taken over and their conscience stolen.

• cedars
    cedars

This is precisely the point I made in my article...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/secrecy-and-deception-watchtower-fights-dirty-in-its-war-against-apostates

There is absolutely no biblical reason for any "Christian" religion to have any secret guidelines. The astonishing thing is that the Society has duped generations of publishers into thinking otherwise.

Cedars

• mP
    mP

If only the WT had been prepared to learn from Jesus and his simple Golden Rule t

Jesus was simply repeating Leviticus. He never introduced any new ideas, he always quoted the OT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit