My interview with "Truth be Told" filmmaker Gregorio Smith

by RayPublisher 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I had the pleasure of conducting a telephone interview with "Truth be Told" filmmaker Gregorio Smith yesterday. He is a fascinating, intelligent person and has an intimate knowledge of the destructiveness the Watchtower society has wreaked upon people's lives due to shunning, the blood ban, etc.

Some two years in the making, this full-length documentary film entitled "Truth be Told" seeks to expose the Watchtower for what it is. A debut screening for the public will take place in Brooklyn New York on March 27, 2013. Other major cities will follow. A description of the film from his website follows:

-----

TRUTH BE TOLD – a new feature-length documentary – lifts the veil on the seemingly benign Jehovah’s Witnesses religion to expose a profit-driven, isolationist culture characterized by fear, totalitarian corporate leadership, intellectual & spiritual intimidation, suspension of critical thinking, failed prophecies, doctrinal inconsistency and improper handling of physical and sexual abuse allegations within the church.

See former Jehovah’s Witnesses candidly discuss growing up inside the religion. They reveal experiences including the effects of proselytizing door-to-door, shunning non- observant family and friends, suffering the discouragement of pursuing dreams like gaining a higher education, missing other societal holidays and customs. And more…

Ultimately the film reveals why Jehovah’s Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religion with only 37% of those raised as Jehovah’s Witnesses continuing their affiliation with the religion.

-----

We spoke for almost 45 minutes, and he candidly answered many questions about the film's content and distribution, his background being raised as a Jehovah's Witness, and more. I am currently working on integrating the interview into my next YouTube video, so stay tuned.

Let's all support this film! Like it on Facebook, email friends and family about it, etc. The potentially huge impact it could have on current JWs and the former JW community could be tremendous, not to mention the fact that millions of people that think that the JW religion is a quaint, harmless, little group will have their eyes opened to its destructive nature.

Truth Be Told movie poster

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I would love to see this!

• Splash
    Splash

Will he be entering it as an independent at Cannes?

• moshe
    moshe

Dang it, another reason for JWs not to talk to the informed householders- just do the drop and dash at the door with the WT literature--

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

bttt.

Hope this guy wins the Oscar next year for best documentary

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Splash - I understand that it has been and/or will be entered into film festivals.

@ Lost Generation - That would be huge if it did.

I'm pretty excited about this let's hope we can keep the momentum going because these indy projects usually take time and are not built in a day. He's been chipping away at this for the last two years already.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Memorial March 26 th 2013...Show time for the new Film...March 27th 2013

Just Lois

• Mum
    Mum

If I had the means, I would go across the country to Brooklyn to see it. I think I'll go drop a few bucks into a slot machine and see if I can win enough to go. I love New York!

Regards,

SandraC

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Mum - There just might be an L.A. screening... YOU NEVER KNOW ;-)

• clarity
    clarity

Holy Cow ....this sounds fantastic.... an exjw's dream come true!!!

>

Would love to see it!

>

Congratulations to Gregorio Smith & huge applause!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit